Oh Christmas tree..

LWW

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could have been titled "SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED".

Here in flyover country we celebrate Christmas with Christmas trees and Christmas lights, as I know the overwhelming majority of TPFites do...I just find the ban Christmas mindset to be annoying.

XmasTreeBoxes001.jpg

The beginning...lugging all the Christmas boxes and Christmas tree out of storage.

LWW

XmasTreeOrnmnts001.jpg

Each box with about this many ornaments.

LWW

XmasTree003.jpg

And affixing said ornaments to aforementioned tree.

LWW

XmasTree002.jpg

And has involved moving all the furniture around so it can fit.

LWW

55McOwen.jpg

And this is the LWW homestead with lights done earlier.

LWW

Well... wow!
And you also lug the TREE out of the storage room?
My, if we used last year's tree, we'd only have bare branches left.
No, hang on. Last year's tree was a live tree WITH roots that went out into the garden after Christmas where it is growing and thriving. Same applied to Tree 2003. Many of the others before were also live but cut trees. I have NEVER had nor seen an artificial tree in anybody's house here in Germany. There are real Christmas tree PLANTINGS here, actually! Only for the purpose.

And is that YOU in the photos of the proud-decorator-next-to-tree pic?
Nice to see you!

Holy cow, LWW, what a huge monster of a tree! :drool2: But so beautiful. And your ornaments are very cool. I like how you decorated your house. Enough to make it look special but not too much to make it look crowded. ;) By the way, that pond can't be so little, if that's a whole tree that's standing next to it. We once had a "pond" that measured 1 m in each direction. (We called it water-hole.) THAT was little. :mrgreen: Yours holds at least enough water to reflect the entire bridge and is lovely. :thumbup: Thanks for sharing your pictures. :D

Icon, I don't have time to work on my draw shot, my photography assemble trees and stay sane...as most of you probably have the same issues in life.

Glad to see you have a bit of a post count going also. Cool little website isn't it.

LWW

Thanks on the house comments...we love it. The house was built in 1897 by the founder of Monarch Marking. It's been a chore restoring it.

LWW

Most reactions

Back