Oh Deer!!!

©AnderGraph

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.prophotographyforum.com
Here are some photos i took of a deer, its a shame that the ear tag is worn but I'm reluctant to clone it out. anyway, dont worry about hurting feelings :)

20D + 70-200L F4.0
F5
iso400
200mm
1/640

deer1resizeshallowcomp8ga6gz1h.jpg

20D + 70-200L F4.0
F5
iso400
200mm
1/250

deer2resizedforshallowcomp3bu5.jpg

awww poor little fella :(... it is forced to wear an earing :(
I like the pictures, especialy dof. But in the first one I'd crop a bit of left side.

Could it be that this deer looks a bit uppity in the first picture? ;)

Very well done, dof and light are ok, so are the colours, though somehow in the first photo neck and body seem nothing to do with each other... Maybe a little more body plus a slight camera shift to the right would have made this one even better.

And the ear tag suggests this one does not live in the wild?
Then I am not jealous.
If you knew me a bit better, you'd know how much I have tried - without success so far - to capture a close up of a deer in the wild.

By the way: welcome to TPF! :D

LaFoto said:
Could it be that this deer looks a bit uppity in the first picture? ;)

Very well done, dof and light are ok, so are the colours, though somehow in the first photo neck and body seem nothing to do with each other... Maybe a little more body plus a slight camera shift to the right would have made this one even better.

And the ear tag suggests this one does not live in the wild?
Then I am not jealous.
If you knew me a bit better, you'd know how much I have tried - without success so far - to capture a close up of a deer in the wild.

By the way: welcome to TPF! :D

Hi, thanks for the welcome and kind words!

This animal was not wild, but like you, my mission is to capture some wild ones, though so far without success.

thanks again guys

Off subject to start, capturing a deer requires a HUGE zoom. Those buggers are as skitzy as my dog, one little sound and they are gone. Think paparazzi telephoto! Anyhow I do like these shots, however I would try cloning out the ear tag. See if it works, maybe it will LOOK wild even if its not.

Most reactions

Back