Oh gawd, a Thistle!

Jaemie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jaemierobinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Caught the sun's last warm rays. For C&C.

$Thistle 9th Ave 1 a.jpg

Beautiful west coast thistle....I'm gonna miss this place

Now that I take a second look...I like this photo for other reasons! Like the DOF...its perfect for this shot. It is reality...just like the thistles in my backyard!! Great photo!

Now that I take a second look...I like this photo for other reasons! Like the DOF...its perfect for this shot. It is reality...just like the thistles in my backyard!! Great photo!

Thanks. (Fortunately, I wasn't caught sneaking in to your yard.) ;)

Lovely sense of "evening light" in this shot, and a good use of the space round the thistle's bloom. The idea that the last "warm rays" of the sun were caught is obvious for those who recognize that the shadowed areas below are much "cooler" in degrees Kelvin...something that Adobe's split toning can help us "fake" if we so desire!!! It's always nice to sense the feeling of "the light" in a botanical closeup...this one is not sterile, the way it would have been had it been made in ONE type of lighting, such as uniform overcast, or daylight at noon, for example. The feeling, the sense, the temperatures of the light is what this pic is all about. And to those that know the bull thistle, this says "summer evening". August and September have the sweetest light in the Pacifc Northwest regions. Later this month, and next, it will be spider time!!!

Thank you, Derrel. I hadn't thought about the warmth of the light in such technical terms. But what you said makes perfect sense! Indeed, the sun was setting just as I took this photo this evening.

Jaemie, nice capture - I like the colours that you have here and the fact that the individual elements of the "flower" are sharp and distinct.

WesternGuy

Me likey

No spanx for me, I'm a good person! :p

I don't have any thing to say except you've done an excellent job with this subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back