Oh, I'm in trouble now.

What happened? You skipped the 500 f4.

If a deal like the first or possibly the second comes around. :aiwebs_016::345: I got the 600 f/4 for less than the 400 f/2.8. Of course its older by a generation. But from pictures and statements, its in better over all condition.

It is a great lens. I was pulling your leg.

oh dude, you totally suck..........lmao

My wife and I made a bucket list about month ago and it's to revisit all the surf breaks we hit when we were kids ( well maybe not kids, but a hellofalot younger ) Two weekends ago she took me to T street in SJC, this weekend I took her to WindnSea which was and still is a pretty awesome reef break.

I take her out to a tabletop section of the reef ( lava reef ) and sat with a excellent line of sight the right break and the whole time I'm sit'n there I'm thinking about your 400 mm thread and how (a) you suck and b) how awesome it would be to have that right about now.

After about 30 mins of sit'n there BS'n about the old days and which break to hit next, we got up and turned around and here's this photographer who had set up his rig behind us. He had a Nikon mounted 400 or larger ( it was as big as my leg ) on top of his pod, a Nikon mounted 200 mounted on a side bracket below that and in between on the opposite side he had the control pad for his drone. I stopped dead in my tracks as if I just ran into a naked girl and unconsciously blurted out " oh, you suck "; That resulted in a punch from the wife and a smile from the photographer, I raised my D750 w/ it's 50 mm and said it's "cold out" which lead to another punch and a good laugh. As we walked away she whispers " do ya feel intimidated?" I said " oh yeah, like a locker room shower".......... LOL

oh dude, you totally suck..........lmao

My wife and I made a bucket list about month ago and it's to revisit all the surf breaks we hit when we were kids ( well maybe not kids, but a hellofalot younger ) Two weekends ago she took me to T street in SJC, this weekend I took her to WindnSea which was and still is a pretty awesome reef break.

I take her out to a tabletop section of the reef ( lava reef ) and sat with a excellent line of sight the right break and the whole time I'm sit'n there I'm thinking about your 400 mm thread and how (a) you suck and b) how awesome it would be to have that right about now.

After about 30 mins of sit'n there BS'n about the old days and which break to hit next, we got up and turned around and here's this photographer who had set up his rig behind us. He had a Nikon mounted 400 or larger ( it was as big as my leg ) on top of his pod, a Nikon mounted 200 mounted on a side bracket below that and in between on the opposite side he had the control pad for his drone. I stopped dead in my tracks as if I just ran into a naked girl and unconsciously blurted out " oh, you suck "; That resulted in a punch from the wife and a smile from the photographer, I raised my D750 w/ it's 50 mm and said it's "cold out" which lead to another punch and a good laugh. As we walked away she whispers " do ya feel intimidated?" I said " oh yeah, like a locker room shower".......... LOL

I have been to the North Shore on Oahu a couple times to watch some surfing. Being from the midwest and only spent about 5 years in FL. I wanted to see some real wave action. Talking about having envy. Seeing a line of probably 100 photographers all with big Canon L glass, Big Nikon, and a couple even using telescope tubes. Personally I think those surfers are nuts.

Personally I think those surfers are nuts.
Strange breed they are, off the water some couldn't rub two sticks together, others are successful business people; On the water they are all highly focused mathematician and artists.

However, I could tell you stories that would change your thinking from those surfers are "nuts " to those surfers are " bat sh*t crazy " Like surfing a place called "Stacks" which was a tuna cannery in Mexico; Water was full of fish guts, fish oil and sharks ( good size ones ), but the break was great and the sharks were full of tuna.........lol

The big Kahuna lens is on it's way. I already let the wife know to expect it. :aiwebs_016: And of course I did it a cowardly way. As I was leaving for a trip for work. I brought up another lens was coming. She would have to sign for it. Then I said love you, bye. :345: hahaha

:aufsmaul:

Ok, the You Really Really Suck lens has arrived. :aiwebs_016:

Wife opened the box. :BangHead: :aufsmaul::aufsmaul::aufsmaul: Was shipped without signature required. If I had kept my mouth shut. I might have been able to hide it? :048: She normally doesn't open my boxes.

Says it looks like a new lens. But I'm 900 miles away at work. :apologetic:

Most reactions

Back