oh man im so happy! may be selling my work

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A someone from an architecture design house took a look at my website, and really loved some of my architecture and landscape shots. they contacted me and said that they would possibly either buy some of my works and frame them or comission me to do a whole series. I'm really blown away i dont even know what to think. but my main question, if they want to buy specific pictures printed, i have no idea what to charge..... anyone here experienced with this

price it reasonably. check online and see what others price it at and either match it or go a little under since its your very first sale - rather guarantee sales and inadvertently create exposure for your work (potentially generating more sales) than push them away cause of your price.

of course im not really caring about money now, just so thrilled someone is interested in buying my work. i dunno what to look for online, theres so many different types of photography, levels, i dunno what price range to refer to

i wouldnt know either to be honest but consider the average price range and just go below it or even on a completely non-pro method, go with your gut, if you're not really caring about money make it that more approachable while still nabbing you a few for a new lens...

Different regions and different levels of skill can all greatly bear on price. I would probably ask them what they where looking for and what they think would be fair and judge accordingly letting them know your new to this. This should make them open up more and increase the chances of making the sale. Yeah, you take a chance a bit on if they will not give you quite the fair price, but at least you will walk away from it with publicity and that alone can be worth much more than a cash value. As offers come you will get a better idea of what to charge based on your personal situation. This is how I would go about it anyways. Best of luck and congrats

First advice is to get them to make you and offer first - this gives you an idea of how they are thinking and what sort of price they are considering. From there you can compare their offer to you to standard fees in the industry (I don't have links to such things though I have seen then posted in the past).
If their price is way way under try to argue them up if its equal or over then you're already ahead and can agree. Don't let the joy of getting published overcome your financial considerations - ie don't get taken for a ride with a poor offer.

Well it's not certain still. They said "perhaps". " near future". I just wanna be prepared.

Well I just looked at your website and can see only 5 pictures, 1 street shot 1 skyscape which is totally pointless, an eye and a man with a dog, and your ice cream or whatever it is, where your hiding the rest I'd like to know, only someone elses name is a link to any further photography, in the meantime beware of strangers bearing gifts. H

Well I just made that website and didn't have a chance to put more yet and I'm already shutting that one down and working on a flash site. The perspective client is a friend of a friend I did portrait work for so that's also what he previously saw

Whatever price you charge make sure that it covers the cost of truly high quality printing on archival materials and possibly framing or face-mounting to your satisfaction. For pictures that are shown in a place like an architect's office I prefer to have them framed behind Schott 'Mirogard plus' glass or face mounted to Tru-Vue 'Optium Museum' acrylic (both of these are anti-reflective coated materials, not to be confused with textured 'non-glare'). Neither of these are cheap. Go to Laumont on W52nd to see examples of these materials in use if you are not already familiar with them.

Good luck,
Helen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back