Oh my.... HOLY #$@%*($

Jeff Canes said:
Do you have a good flash? And get more memory cards and batteries. Also I agree with Beginning on the 70-200 zoom, but I would also go with something like a 28-70.
I don't have a flash... and I'll be using film, so I don't have to worry about memory cards.
I was going to get a flash but I couldn't for a few reasons... :confused:

so... I guess I'm ill prepared... maybe I could rent some equipment? how does that work?

a backup body or two.

You could rent all the goodies if you want, but dont you want to practice with the lenses/flash you will be using that day?

danalec99 said:
a backup body or two.
I have a backup body.. that's not a problem.

You could rent all the goodies if you want, but dont you want to practice with the lenses/flash you will be using that day?
Well, I'll do what I have to. :D
Hopefully I'll be able get a flash... and practice with it.

The single biggest thing I could suggest......a micro Apollo. (Flash Mount softbox), for that new flash.

elsaspet said:
The single biggest thing I could suggest......a micro Apollo. (Flash Mount softbox), for that new flash.
looks kinda big... does it get in the way?

i wouldnt worry about renting equipment, you have pleeeenty of time. don't get bogged down with equipment that you feel you must have. If you scope out the place before hand and know how to utilize the equipment you do have well (which im pretty sure you do), you'll do great.

good news everyone!
I went and talked with Keely(the girl that is hiring me) she said that she has another two photographers that will cover the "quote" "Normal 'wedding' photos" I am there for Artistic value. So, I will be shooting the "artsy" photos. Which is not a big deal for me... in fact, it's good! :D
So, I can do with the equipment I have!

Now for the question of how much to charge...
I am going to offer taking all the photos from all the photographers and having them printed/put in albums. The other photographers are all her close friends and are doing it as a favor. :thumbup:

you'll probably just have to deal with grain (i've heard most wedding photogs shoot around ISO 1600), unless there is going to be a time outside.

LittleMan said:
What ISO should I use? is 400 too grainy? (since I may be blowing some of these up)

If you are shooting inside a church without flash and at a reception without flash I would suggest 800-1600 to make sure you get the shots. If there are going to be outdoor photos throw some 100 or 400 in there as well. If you're there for artistic merit then grain is part of the process :D

Alison said:
If you are shooting inside a church without flash and at a reception without flash I would suggest 800-1600 to make sure you get the shots. If there are going to be outdoor photos throw some 100 or 400 in there as well. If you're there for artistic merit then grain is part of the process :D
Exactly what I was thinking!
That's really my style anyways... :D

slightly getting out of tech details to say your shot's great and good luck to your friend. And to you, of course, with all that. Rock on! :headbang:

Most reactions

Back