Oh No! Cute idea, horrible outcome...

ElectricHarmony

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
242
Reaction score
1
Location
So-Cal
Basically I just LOVE the picture below, but the lack of sky, white bushes, and washed out skin ruins it for me:( Anyone have any photoshop tricks up their sleeve to fix the problem? I already realize the multitude of errors we made taking it, but it was a silly moment and now I hope it can be fixed because we love the expressions:) thanks guys! I hope it's possible.



amyandjason062fh.jpg


Big Version:
http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/9837/amyandjason063dl.jpg
 

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 25, 2005
Messages
3,009
Reaction score
11
do you want someone to have a go at editing it for you or do you want some tips and ideas on how you could make it better?

Off the top of my head i would say that you could add a little contrast and saturation, maybe cut and paste you and your boyfriend on to a different, more pleasing back ground (without making it look tacky that is)

to be honest though i think it looks ok as is, for a snap shop
 

Philip Weir

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
506
Reaction score
0
Location
Sydney, Australia. The land of peace and sunshine.
Website
www.philipweirphotography.com
You can't put in what aint there. You obviously exposed for the two people, who were in the shade. You probably should have either used a fill-in flash or a reflector to brighten the subject, then the exposure would have balanced with the background [sky]. Your only way out now is to superimpose a sky with Photoshop into the original shot. Good luck.
 

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,813
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ElectricHarmony, I moved your question about what to do to rescue this photo (nice one! :D) to the Photoshop Challenges in the Photo Themes. Someone might come up with an idea and show you their edit. Be warned: some edits might also just be fun edits, so maybe you also get results that are to be taken with a grain (or two even) of salt ;). Let's see what happens, hm?
 
OP
ElectricHarmony

ElectricHarmony

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
242
Reaction score
1
Location
So-Cal
JohnMF said:
do you want someone to have a go at editing it for you or do you want some tips and ideas on how you could make it better?

Off the top of my head i would say that you could add a little contrast and saturation, maybe cut and paste you and your boyfriend on to a different, more pleasing back ground (without making it look tacky that is)

to be honest though i think it looks ok as is, for a snap shop

Either one would be awesome and greatly appreciated:)

Good ideas! I'll try, but it sounds advanced lol
 
OP
ElectricHarmony

ElectricHarmony

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
242
Reaction score
1
Location
So-Cal
Philip Weir said:
You can't put in what aint there. You obviously exposed for the two people, who were in the shade. You probably should have either used a fill-in flash or a reflector to brighten the subject, then the exposure would have balanced with the background [sky]. Your only way out now is to superimpose a sky with Photoshop into the original shot. Good luck.

I know, I'm kickin' myself now:( The problem is we were 100 feet in the air on a rickity old SkyFari;)
 
OP
ElectricHarmony

ElectricHarmony

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
242
Reaction score
1
Location
So-Cal
LaFoto said:
ElectricHarmony, I moved your question about what to do to rescue this photo (nice one! :D) to the Photoshop Challenges in the Photo Themes. Someone might come up with an idea and show you their edit. Be warned: some edits might also just be fun edits, so maybe you also get results that are to be taken with a grain (or two even) of salt ;). Let's see what happens, hm?

Wow that's so cool! Thank you :hugs:
 

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,813
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Philip, I just helped you be the genius you have always wanted to be :biggrin: - (just a little).
When linking pics from Photobucket to here, go to the third line, the one that already has the [ IMG]...[ /IMG] wraps around the photo URL, and if that is pasted in here, your photo will show right away.
And I do like your work on this photo!
 

duncanp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
3,390
Reaction score
43
Location
Sheffield
Website
www.duncanphilpott.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Heres mine:

electricharmonys.jpg


Used some cloud brushes made from pics of real clouds and the Gradient tool
 
OP
ElectricHarmony

ElectricHarmony

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
242
Reaction score
1
Location
So-Cal
Philip Weir said:
amyandjason063dl.jpg


This I hope will work, I just did a quick retouch [took about a minute], but if the image I did goes through, I'm a genius, although only an amateur one. It will be the first time I've been able to transfer an image.
Philip.

Wow you did a great job, and I love this shade of blue! Thank you :hugs:
 
OP
ElectricHarmony

ElectricHarmony

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
242
Reaction score
1
Location
So-Cal
duncanp said:
Heres mine:

electricharmonys.jpg


Used some cloud brushes made from pics of real clouds and the Gradient tool

Wow! Even some clouds!:biggrin: Duncanp is my new best friend :boogie:
 

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
2,386
Reaction score
51
Location
Alabama - just moved here from Texas
Here is a quick attempt with a masked illusion. I left the one spot above her head brighter so not to look too fake because of the bright sunspot on her hair..perhaps tomorrow when I am more awake I can spend more time on it LOL

amyandjason063dl1copy1.jpg
 

Most reactions

New Topics

Top