Oh No!? Microdrive Card Problem...

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So...just got home from a photo shoot with three seniors (all are friends) and I'm gettting really nervous because my stupid microdrive card seemed to mess up right in the middle of our shoot, and I just switched to a CF card. Now it looks like the Microdrive is messing up my 20D and my card reader isn't reading it. Basically, if I try to put it in the 20D it can't show any pictures that I took on it and then the a little red light lights up and it doesn't go away even if I turn off the camera. Have I lost those pictures? Is there anything I can do to get them back? Help please!

Update!
I had to attach the cord from my camera to my computer and get the files that way. Thank god they were still there. That microdrive sure is iffy. I doubt I'll be using it too much in the future. :(

Micro drives always seemed kind of fishy to me. Solid state memory is the way to go.

When they were the only way to get high capacity, MDs were nice to have available, but they are still hard drives, even if small. As Mike said, now that CF cards are available so big, solid state is the way to go.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back