oh no, not another light house.

bitteraspects

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
diamond head lighthouse OAHU, hawaii

_MG_0914.jpg

I like it aswell. maybe the shadow on the top window is a bit too dark? The lighthouse will apear alot cleaner without te shadow. But that is just my opinion and should not take anything away from a good picture!

yeah, not much you can do with direct sunlight. plus it was taken from up a mountain, so i used what i had. thanks for the comments. keep em coming

Oh yes, please. More of those pretty lighthouses.
Lighthouses from all over the world, unite!

(Maybe in the Lighthouse-thread over in the Photo Themes? ;))

thank you, i think its missing something but i cant seem to place it. overall, i think it was an ok shot. i just gotta figure out what that x-factor is

Very nice shot. Perhaps the placing of the lighthouse in the centre of the shot is what is disturbing you....off centre would have worked well too. I love how you got the crests of the waves in the background.

Antarctican said:
Very nice shot. Perhaps the placing of the lighthouse in the centre of the shot is what is disturbing you....off centre would have worked well too. I love how you got the crests of the waves in the background.

That was my thought as well. The colors are great, but the image is pretty static with the lighthouse centered.

Alison said:
That was my thought as well. The colors are great, but the image is pretty static with the lighthouse centered.

yeah, and maybe just because the crop/comp is so tight, it's always nice to see some of the environment around the lighthouse as well. and another thing that may detract from your "x-factor" is that the POV is looking down on the lighthouse, when they are generally known for standing high, above everything else, as a beacon leading the way. Looking down on it kind of takes away from that... am i making any sense? :confused:

regardless of x-factor, i love the shot, i can never get enough of your hawaii photos... keep 'em coming! :thumbup:

thanks everyone. one of my initial thoughts was the centering as well. ithat could be what it is. heres a couple that arent so centered. (for you JTHphoto)

_MG_0912.jpg

_MG_0910.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back