Oh no! Not another Osprey.

Yup, definitely an osprey and a nice one at that. :mrgreen: Good capture against the blue sky.

WesternGuy

We're landlocked here and have nothing like your Osprey. I will never grow tired of looking at them and the many many other species posted here!

Thanks for the comments. I like Ospreys. Here where I live in Central Florida there seems to be tons of them.

They are not common in my area, at least not the places I go birding, so I enjoy seeing the shots presented here while I dream of being in position to capture like photos.

There's lots of those guys up here in the NW too. This is one of the better captures I've seen, especially against that blue sky.

Thanks all for the nice comments. Very much appreciated...

If you live near sanford, there are a lot of osprey in February march time. If you know where riverwalk is in sanford, there is a nest right off the walk in the water and every year they will have some babies.

If you live near sanford, there are a lot of osprey in February march time. If you know where riverwalk is in sanford, there is a nest right off the walk in the water and every year they will have some babies.

Where I live near Lakeland Winter Haven area you can see hundreds of Ospreys every day. There are probably 20 or 30 nests within 3 miles of my home. At the Circle B Bar Reserve near Lakeland you can see hundreds of them fishing in Lake Hancock. Too many. Maybe...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back