oh no!

edge0freason

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i have a problem so i guess ill put it here

being the oh so smart person i am, i brought my camera lens(18-55 kit) and d40 on a bike and ended up dropping it in a pile of dirt. everything seems to be working well except my lens. its zoom twist has gotten stuck and the lens no longer auto focuses (the af motor is in the lens). any one know a way to clean out the lens or something to maybe fix these problems? or is it pretty much finished? thanks for any imput.

seems like a good reason to upgrade your lens!... or if you must pick up a used one of those for 75$. I probably wouldnt even bother unless the fix is very easy.

I would just take it to a local camera store, get an opinion on it and decide what you are going to do. Those lenses are pretty inexpensive to purchase if you really want that lens.

lenses are the first thing that breaks when ya drop the camera, sounds like maybe one of the gears is off track inside of the lense. Does it make a sqeaking noise when manually focusing? Or I could be wrong it its not a nice enough lense to have that problem...

there is a circular thing that is just kinda sitting in the lens. i think im gunna see how much the repair is and how much i can sell the lens for. i was planing on getting a 50mm 1.8 soon anyway. thanks for the quick replys

Most reactions

New Topics

Back