Oh Snap! 10.2 mp d70?

Seems to me that Mr. Rockwell's "speculation" is nothing more that a bunch of hot air. He says it will "have the same sensor as the D200." How does he know that. All we really know is that it has the same resolution. Also, if it even is the same sensor, we don't know if it will be four channnel or two channel. I think the four channel processing is what allows for the 5fps. If they decide on two-channel, it might only do 3fps just like a D70.

I could be full of crap too, though. Then again, everything you read on the internet is true. 8)

apparently it does NOT have the same sensor as the d200, although it is similar. someone asked a nikon rep that a few weeks back (read that on another forum).

looks like a nice catch. nothing groundbreaking, but a nice in-betweener for people that want a d200 but want the more basic, consumer style handling of the d50/d70

Perfect release timing; sony just released their first D-SLR... which just so happens to have the same resolution.

midget patrol said:
Perfect release timing; sony just released their first D-SLR... which just so happens to have the same resolution.
Yes, Sony built up a reasonable degree of hype, told us the various features and specs the Alpha would have and reassured us about retaining the quality of the Konica Minolta camera system. As a result of which, I'm considering buying one.

Meanwhile, Pentax mentioned something about making a 10-megapixel SLR. Namely, that they're making a 10-megapixel SLR. Other than that, we get nothing, we have to wait until September. As a result of which, I'm wondering if the folks at Pentax have other day jobs and just sell camera equipment for a hobby.

D80, suped up d70 or a watered down d200? Plastic body, 10.2 mp 2 channel sensor, 3fps.. still not bad. Also released 2 new lenses (one 70-300 vr to compete with cannons IS lens)

Most reactions

Back