Oh The Places You'll Go!(5 for c&c in Switerzland, Sweden, and abroad)

Foxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey TPF'ers,

Haven't posted in awhile, been busy with school and travelling. Recently did some backpacking through Switzerland and France(around Lake Geneva) and have been capturing some magnificent history(Stockholm as well!)

Anyways, I have a few favorites from the hundreds I've been taking the past week -- no real theme here but I wanted to share and get some feedback!

#1 - Sunrise over Geneva

sunrise_soup_by_pianoblack97-d4g6edp.jpg

Took this as our plane was taking off on my journey home to Sweden. Airports stress me the hell out, but it's all worth it when I can see a vista like this.

lost_and_forgotten_by_pianoblack97-d4flm8v.jpg

Found a disintegrating house in the middle of the forest in Sweden near where I live. This was a rusted coil that had fallen off of an old stove. I liked the contrast between man-made/nature and the age of it. I'm sure the composition could be better here but I don't know what else I could do...

laura_by_pianoblack97-d4fmexq.jpg

I've started a project where I am taking pictures of friends' eyes. Playing with lighting(available to me) and setup. I've figured the best way to get consistent lighting is to use my own light but I like natural light so much better...

Any other lighting setups you can suggest(with available household lighting) that would make shots like these more interesting?

boardwalk_review_by_pianoblack97-d4faz6j.jpg

I love taking pictures of other photographers. I particularly like the composition in this one.

G28bJ.jpg

Shot from the Old City in Stockholm looking out down a newer street. The colors and architecture in older cities in Europe is exquisite and never ceases to interest me.

Thanks for looking! Any feedback/comments would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

I think they're awesome. Though #5 throws me because it's so close to being centered, but is very slightly off, which I find disorienting. I'd maybe crop it a touch so that it's perfectly centered.

#4 The tree trunk on the very far left pops out too much for me. Maybe crop it out and keep her to the left still with the rule of thirds? Just a suggestion to see what it would look like. At first I thought it was a finger or camera strap caught in the frame and distracted me from the main subject of the photo. All in all great photo's though! Wish i could go to sweden and take some pics.

Ok so since its listed that it's ok to edit your photo's I popped number 4 into Photoshop CS5 and cropped out that trunk. Here it is:
Boardwalk.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back