Oh YEAH!!! (GREAT Wedding!!!!)

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
This past weekend's wedding. Outside at the golf course. A week ago it was 97F with >80% humidity. 3 days ago it was upper 80s and pouring rain. Saturday it was 82 with a light breeze and low humidity. The gods smiled on this day, let me tell you!!!

WS2_1533.jpg

WS2_1538-1sfx.jpg

WS2_1560bwcr.jpg

WS2_1752.jpg

WS2_2171bw.jpg

...and one of Kelly workin' it!!
WS2_2259.jpg

hey sharkbait, how did you do the second one? I'm not a pro, so please explain it in light words.
Thanx

When I process the images, I usually do them very high contrast, very high exposure/brightness. It's easiest to do shooting in RAW mode.

That 2nd image was shot with the 100mm macro lens from about 15ft away. There's also a slight glow/soften added in photoshop.

Wow great photos! I love 2 and 5

Karalee said:
Awesome images! How do you like the LS? Im thinking of getting one, not really a fan of the stofen diffusers.
We use them on both our cameras. I just ordered a new flash, and am thinking about trying the photojournalist version of the LS for this flash. The only downside is that they're so big and cumbersome, and the weight tends to wear out the hinges on the flash.

The firs is too many yellow/red satured, and too contrasted for me.
Excellent vision, composition is perfect.

PS: what has serves the oreillete on the last photograph?

all are wonderful! I like the second one best because the light on her face, skin is beautiful!

wow - these are great... they will love them!!!! love the emotion in the dance and #1 is soooo white and weddingy!! beautiful

There's also a slight glow/soften added in photoshop...
why cant i work this out on photoshop 7 - ive read about it on here before and love it.... any hints??? x

jemmy said:
wow - these are great... they will love them!!!! love the emotion in the dance and #1 is soooo white and weddingy!! beautiful

There's also a slight glow/soften added in photoshop...
why cant i work this out on photoshop 7 - ive read about it on here before and love it.... any hints??? x

Try this:

1. Open the photo you want to soften
  2. Press ctrl-J twice (create two duplicates of the background layer)
  3. Hide the top copy by clicking on the eye in the layers pallette.
  4. Click on the middle layer to select it.
  5. In the layers palette, switch the blend mode of that middle layer to darken
  6. Apply a 40px gaussian blur to that layer
  7. Hide the middle layer, select the top layer
  8. Change the top layer's mode to lighten
  9. Apply a 60px gaussian blur to that top layer
  10. Select th emiddle layer and lower its opacity to 40%
  11. Hide the background layer, then create a new layer by clicking on the create new layer icon in the layers palette
  12. Drag that new layer to the top of the layer stack
  13. Hold down the Alt key and choose 'merge visible' from the layers palette's drop-down menu
  14. In the layers palette, make the background layer visible again, but hide the two duplicate layers in the middle (probably named Layer 1 and Layer 1 copy)
  15. Select the top layer in the stack, lower its opacity to 40%
  16. Use your happiest method (erasing back, layer masking, etc.) to clear off the blur from areas around the eyes, lips, etc. that you want in full detail.

It simply means your photo rocks/is awesome /etc etc.....and has motivated matt enough to vote it for TPFs "Picture of the Month!"... so congratulations! x

Most reactions

Back