oh you own a point & shoot!!

mommyof4qteez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Yes, please do make a fb photog page & watermark your crap!! Sorry, but in my small town I'm beyond annoyed... $hit photographers that watermark crap on fb... really? Like anyone's gonna steal that crap!?

This... posted by a person named "mommyof4teez".

Is that irony? I'm not sure.

Ask yourself this: why does it bother you? Does their huge gawdy watermark affect your business sales?

Every camera is a point and shoot, some just more expensive than others. Facebook is crap and if your "mommy photo business" is threatened by watermarked facebook crap then you have more to be concerned about than what these amateurs are posting.

Ask yourself this: why does it bother you? Does their huge gawdy watermark affect your business sales?

I think it's more a matter of personal annoyance. I know that I get very annoyed when I see stuff like the pop up in my town, partly because where I live is small enough and the average income is low enough that people will pay for those kinds of photo, and also because it brings back ****ty memories of being in high school and hearing all of the *******s talk about how great they are while in actuality they were fairly mediocre at whatever it is that they did (sports, academics, etc...)

It's just a knee jerk reaction for me. It's not really the fact that they're bad per se, but more about the fact that many (about 80%) has an ego that far surpasses their skill.

rexbobcat said:
I think it's more a matter of personal annoyance. I know that I get very annoyed when I see stuff like the pop up in my town, partly because where I live is small enough and the average income is low enough that people will pay for those kinds of photo, and also because it brings back ****ty memories of being in high school and hearing all of the *******s talk about how great they are while in actuality they were fairly mediocre at whatever it is that they did (sports, academics, etc...)

It's just a knee jerk reaction for me. It's not really the fact that they're bad per se, but more about the fact that many (about 80%) has an ego that far surpasses their skill.

Exactly! Personal annoyance... their egos far outweigh their skill...

imagemaker46 said:
Every camera is a point and shoot, some just more expensive than others. Facebook is crap and if your "mommy photo business" is threatened by watermarked facebook crap then you have more to be concerned about than what these amateurs are posting.

Off topic, but I want to be a sports photographer! Haha. Ok, so about point and shoots. The camera isn't the problem, it's the photographer. Generally speaking, most people with point and shoots are funny to watch because most are GBC's. "*click* Oooo, look at dis foto! Me take moar! Look, burst mode! *click click click*" so stupid lmao. It's like watching a kid ride training wheels.....except that's better hahaha

swiftparkour94 said:
Off topic, but I want to be a sports photographer! Haha. Ok, so about point and shoots. The camera isn't the problem, it's the photographer. Generally speaking, most people with point and shoots are funny to watch because most are GBC's. "*click* Oooo, look at dis foto! Me take moar! Look, burst mode! *click click click*" so stupid lmao. It's like watching a kid ride training wheels.....except that's better hahaha

Lol!

I've said this before. Problem is, mediocre has become the accepted good in society. There are too many people out there that just own cameras that feel they are good enough to accept work for pay, and there are enough people out there that are willing to accept what these "good" camera owners produce. It's not about quality, it's about how little someone is willing to pay for a photo. If I sold a photo 10 years ago for $1000 and now I couldn't sell the same photo $10, it's not that the quality or importance of the photo has changed, it's how people regard photography today. People see it more as a hobby that anyone can do or make money at on weekends. As long as the photo is slightly better than someone else can do, they see it as good, because it's "better than I could do"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back