Oil on sensor of D610?

VigilanteFoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had my D610 since December, and have about 6k actuations... But am seeing spots in the corner, that appear to be oil. Has this been seen in others? I fear the D600 problem

*From what I understand*, dust spots should dissapear when your aperture is opened up to say...6.3 ish, but oil spots will remain visible even when wide open. Perhaps that test will help you decide?

The size of what is on an image sensor (dust or oil) determines what lens apertures it can be seen in photos as spots.

The only way to tell if it is oil is to take a close look at it on the sensor with an appropriate magnifying device.

Or - oil will smear, dust won't.

Give it a cleaning and your good to go,stop worrying and go take photos !!!

Last edited:
I'd go with the above, I've not read D610 having the same issues as the D600 - however, some basic DSLR maintenance and care will have it good as new..

I am amazed by all the members that claim their D61o or (insert your DSLR here) other models have the same oil on the sensor problem that the D600 did. First of all, have you ever heard of cleaning your sensor? Have you tried doing it? Please report back so that everyone knows. I seriously doubt it's oil.

By the same token, I seriously doubt most of the 'oil spots on my D600 sensor' were actually oil.

The Internet has a habit of making some molehills look like mountains.

The amount of oil on my sensor was begining to form mountains...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back