OilBoom Town of days past

Tailgunner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first attempt at true HDR photography without the use of the HDR switch on my camera. This image is composed of 5 images taken at -/+ 2 stops. Then they was merged in photomatix Pro and final editing done with CS6 and L5. I wasn't quite sure how to convey what I wanted to the software programs and spent a lot of time trying styles etc. I like how the outside frame turned out but the inside ended up a little to cartoonish for what I wanted which was closer to realistic.

Anyhow, CC welcome.

Hey Tailgunner. I get the title but this one just doesn't do it for me. Not sure what part is causing me the most conflict. The blue door seems to bring out the blue in the street and trailer, but then the lighting in the back is warm and total opposite of the foreground. Also, as I look at the complete picture more, my mind wants to see more of the pipe at the top inside the building.

Whats going on is a sunrise being partially blocked out by an overpass. So the overpass is casting a blueish tint on the lower foreground while at the same time the sun is warming up the sky. Then the lower street (s) is covered with sand that is really showing reflecting a lot of blues from the shadows. I'm trying to adjust the blue streets but nothing is working. It's work in progress.

I was thinking that may have been ice that was melting, not sand.

Ice would be nice but ya, this was taken in a more desert area of West Texas.

Most reactions

Back