ok all you pinhole enthusiasts

mysteryscribe said:
I'll bet you a hundred bucks that it rains here on that day.
So what? :mrgreen: Don't be a glass half empty! :sun:

:lol:

mysteryscribe said:
easy for you to say, you dont shoot a tin can...

I do, but what's that got to do with photography? :gun:

Actually, it better not rain here... my camera is made from Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Honey Nut Cheerios boxes.

There's always indoor photography.

It's coming up on Sunday!!!

Here's an awesome site

http://www.mrpinhole.com/index.php

I'll be carrying my DSLR with DIY pinhole bodycap, and I'm setting up a Speed Graphic for pinhole. I'll shoot BW neg film and color polaroid with that.

The local photography group and arts center are having an almost free pinhole workshop (just pay for the paper) all afternoon. People can walk in and make or borrow pinhole cameras, go out and shoot, and then return to process and scan the results.

If it doesn't sell on ebay first, I'm going to shoot the argus ready flash 120 roll film. If I does, I have a duaflex coming which I'm going to convert anyway. I might have it ready in time.

If none of that comes about, I will have to take the back glass out of the brownie paint can cam. I don't want to cheat with glass in the lens.

I can't believe with all the cameras I have built, I don't have a single pure pinhole that accepts cutfilm backs. Most of mine have gone to f90 primative glass cameras now. Or they are just plain antique lens with regular glass and apertures.

If worse comes to worse, I have a old brownie flash I can convert. If I have to go roll film, I might shoot a roll of color negs with it.

And fish I have a chart from mr pinhole which I use for exposure. The information there is how to convert your meter reading to the higher fstop. I have an old polaroid that does ev readings. It was easier for me to convert the chart to ev. My chart has my apertures for all my primative and pinhole cameras in one chart. I love it.

Mr Pinhole is an excellent source of information... I highly recomment his exposure guides.

ksmattfish said:
It's coming up on Sunday!!!

Here's an awesome site

http://www.mrpinhole.com/index.php

I'll be carrying my DSLR with DIY pinhole bodycap, and I'm setting up a Speed Graphic for pinhole. I'll shoot BW neg film and color polaroid with that.

The local photography group and arts center are having an almost free pinhole workshop (just pay for the paper) all afternoon. People can walk in and make or borrow pinhole cameras, go out and shoot, and then return to process and scan the results.
That sounds like a blast. :thumbup: I am going to be interested in seeing your Speed Graphic results, Matt.

My handheld meter goes to f/128, and my pinhole for the Speed Graphic is approx f/250, so I just have to add 2 stops, and consider reciprocity failure, if any. :)

Home made pinhole cams are the most fun, but I decided to just plan on the Speed Graphic, because I knew it would be an easy conversion that would allow a lot of shooting. If I can find the time though, I'm going to put together a few cardboard and duct tape models, loaded with paper.

Most reactions

Back