Ok...am I nuts?

wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I bring up a photo and it needs to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise, and it's a picture of someone's face, for some reason they look thinner when I rotate it than they did before I did it. What gives? Is it an optical illusion or is something happening to the file? :er:

it is an optical illusion. everything looks different when view from a rotated viewpoint.

many master printers print negatives upside down as then they pay attention to the compostion of light and shadow rather than a specific image.

Ya, it's just your screen might be stretching it or something when it's sideways...I dono...
But it usually does look a bit different if it's not right way up.

I have my camera do all the flipping...

Is your moniter wide screen ?
I bought a wide screen, I thought it would be easier to see the million edit windows I have open without any of them overlapping the image.
All it does is stretch everything, so its exactly the same as before I got a wide screen for cluttered windows.
Theres probably a work round, but I cant be bothered.

Is your moniter wide screen ?
I bought a wide screen, I thought it would be easier to see the million edit windows I have open without any of them overlapping the image.
All it does is stretch everything, so its exactly the same as before I got a wide screen for cluttered windows.
Theres probably a work round, but I cant be bothered.

If that were the problem, I'd think it'd be the reverse of my problem, that it would make the face look thinner before I flipped it, because it was stretching it. Hmmmm...

Yes, mine actually look correct sideways, then put on 20 stone in portrait:lmao:

Pixels are usually taller than they are wide so if something is 800 pixels on it's side it will be compressed slightly and appear to stretch out when it's vertical.

I'm amazed Sideburns didn't call you stupid for not knowing this. Just amazed since I don't know what FAST RAM is.

You will usually have some display options that change the aspect ratio of your monitor. Make or get an image of a circle and then set your monitor aspect ratio and the screen vertical and horizontal compression until you see a perfectly round image on the monitor.

Most reactions

Back