OK. I bought the iPhone

Just searched lightmeter for iphone and theres one called Pocket light meter...Its got good reviews and is free...

I just downloaded one. Can't remember what it's called. But then I played with it and it's really pretty cool. I can stop it where I get the exposure where I want it and I can select a smaller area of the screen to meter. Pretty cool! Now I have to play with it with the cameras!

oh well :D

Maybe search for light meter app. So in case you forgot to bring your light meter and you can use your phone as light meter. The one I use for Android is beecam lightmeter. Not sure if they make one for Apple. If not, I am sure there are similar apps.

So with that app, I set the ISO and f number, then the app use the phone light sensor (I guess) and tell me the LUX, EV as well as shutter speed. (Of course, if I set the shutter speed, it will give me the f number based on the ambient)

I can't see how that would be within 2 stops of being accurate. Light meters on cell phones aren't made to be accurate to any sort of degree of precision, they just have generalized readings for 'pitch black', 'sorta dark', 'normal', 'bright light' and 'full on sunshine'. At that point you might as well just use your camera, LCD and histogram.
I have seen some of the iphone-ography and the ability it has to get really accurate has always impressed me over my android which sucked in a major way. I'll let you know how the meter ap does when I go play with it. I expect it to be fairly close, to be honest with you.

Yeah, don't mind me. I'm just super picky about light meters. If I'm going to use one it better be more accurate and faster than me just looking at the histogram and using experience. I PERSONALLY don't see the point of light meters unless they're dead on accurate to 1/3 a stop.

iPhone 3,4,or 5? :)

I'm on my iPhone right now...
the app is so simple to use on here!!
Just type in "photography forum" and it will show up the first one(of course cause its most popular)
and if you don't have a camera with. iPhones are awesome for auto focus, (for a phone that is.) And only if you got the four or five.

And by the way, about the 156 pages don't read them.
iPhones really only take a few days to learn how to use them. I've had about 5 so far. (Don't drop them they shatter, screen is glass)

I've got the procamera ap and the forum. I'd had the forum ap on my droid before.
I really am not a big iphone photographer, so the camera is just nice to have a decent camera on it. The droid X2 was REALLY bad on the camera.
I also have the photoshop ap, but for as much as I actually USE the camera. Eh.
iPhone 4S 32G

You can buy lens for the camera of an Iphone. Saw them on line.

Somehow, I missed this post last week!

Camera Plus Pro (the one that costs like two bucks) is very,very nifty!!! THis is THE essential camera app, IMHO; Big Button feature and the anti-shake stabilzer interlock system are essential for low-light work. The camera in the iPhone has an f/2.8 lens and an ISO range of 80 to 1,000, and a shutter that goes as slow as 1/15 second; indoors in poor light, it keeps the ISO wayyyyyyy low, and the shutter at 1/15-1/20 second for far,far too long, IMO, so...camera shake can be an issue. The anti-shake, stabilization shutter interlock, with a red-bar warning indicator that signified camera shake, then a green NO-shake indicator prevents shakey shots from being snapped. VERY useful when you want to pull the iPhone out and take ONE shot, and KNOW that it will be a steady frame that will not later disappoint!!!!

Instagram is fun. it saves a HQ image in the camera roll AND makes a smaller, square, filter-effecty, artsy-fartsy image file for sharing on Instagram.

Fast Camera is neat as well. Turns the iPhone into a camera that shoots sequences FAST, and also has an intervalometer,etc.

Beamr is a wonderful new app that creates "magazines", and allows you to quickly select, automatically compress, and e-mail multiple photos from your phone's Camera Roll so that they arrive in a "magazine" format, and all in one so-called "wrapper".

My favorite app is the Life 360. My husband and I got them on our phones as a way to help us in case our phones were lost or stolen (I have driod, he has iphone). When we were buying our house, we actually used the app frequently because it'll show you any sexual deviants in the area (those that have already been arrested and charged, of course). We used it to ensure where we were buying our house was fairly "safe".

When my husband is late coming home from work, I will check the app and it will tell me where he is - this way I can make sure dinner is hot for him when he does eventually get home. And if he ever cheats on me, I'll know exactly where she lives and can go deal with her. KIDDING.

I just saw one advertised for "history here" or something like that. I am going to have to go find that one. It'll be neat when we travel with the kids. Tells you what kind of history happened wherever you are at.

CameraFX .. A must app for iPhone!

Look up photographers ephemeris in app store. Very handy.

the lack of zoom is refreshing.
Instagram is a good start.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back