Ok I have to ask because I have been wondering for years...

I agree op, these are very attractive pictures. I would like to make mine more clear and vibrant, such as hers. What camera, what lens is the photographer using - do you know? Also, I am going to look into what Darrel suggests. I know little about NR, but I am researching now. Darrel, I have seen the slider on image editor when editing my RAW photos - is this what you are referring to?
Great post op :)

Looks like a bit of layers work and some major color/curves/contrast bumps. However, I agree with Derrel that some of this is due to NR software.

OP, are you trying for a look like the last image of the three?

optional.jpg

Or slightly different?

OP, are you trying for a look like the last image of the three?

optional.jpg

Or slightly different?

No...this is not it.

I think we're getting on the wrong track here...let me clarify, it's not the white smooth skin that I want, it's the brightness and intensity of the glow of the pictures that I want...and the intensity of the colors...

I'd start here and track down his PS tutorials and suggestions...he is a master of the type of noiseless, artificial skin look and the "glow" you are seeking. He has plenty of on-line material to keep you busy for a month or so. His pages are very educational, very open.

Stephen Eastwood|Beauty and Fashion Photographer | Tutorials

I'm sure you're tired of all the hit&miss attempts at getting the effect you desire,
but how's this?
211medd.jpg

tweaking

2mer0c5.jpg

Edit:
After looking at the one I edited several times, I think I just ruined it all together, hahaha.

Last edited:
I realize this isn't a picture of a person/people, but do you mean something like this:

5523516627_ece880141b_b.jpg

If so, it's usually just a simple as moving the brightness/contrast/saturation/vibrance levels to the right amounts. Usually upping the contrast, slightly raising brightness (if it's needed), and then raising saturation and vibrance levels as much as needed to make the shot pop without looking fake. If you raise them a bit more you can make it look surreal/ethereal but I don't have any examples because I very rarely do it.

I'm sure you're tired of all the hit&miss attempts at getting the effect you desire,
but how's this?
211medd.jpg

tweaking

2mer0c5.jpg

Edit:
After looking at the one I edited several times, I think I just ruined it all together, hahaha.

LMAO. I appreciate the attempt though...but no, not quite what we're after.

looks to me that the photographs may have been over exposed just a bit than recovered in the subjects while keeping the bright areas bright. Like a reverse vignette

I think I know what you're talking about. You can get those pictures straight out of the camera. In Nikon's there's something called "Picture Control". I don't know what this is called in Canon, but basically you go there and you can change the picture control to something like Vivid and edit it. Just boost the slider for saturation, contrast, and sharpness a little. The colors will then look more saturated and also shoot with a large aperture and overexpose a little. Put it on manual, you'll see when it's properly exposed, then up shutter speed a little to overexpose the image.

I think I know what you're talking about. You can get those pictures straight out of the camera. In Nikon's there's something called "Picture Control". I don't know what this is called in Canon, but basically you go there and you can change the picture control to something like Vivid and edit it. Just boost the slider for saturation, contrast, and sharpness a little. The colors will then look more saturated and also shoot with a large aperture and overexpose a little. Put it on manual, you'll see when it's properly exposed, then up shutter speed a little to overexpose the image.

Hmmm I'll have to try this...this sounds about right?

EDIT: Looks like that feature is not available for the d200?

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back