OK, I Took The Plunge....Ordered My Equipment!

Nightsblood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I (like all the other newbies here) spent the last month or so reading all the reviews, looking all all the images and reading what you experienced folks had to say, and after all that....I chose my equipment!

THis is the kit I'll be using

CANON 20D equipped with TAMRON 17-50 glass, outfitted with a HOYA POLARIZER FILTER sitting atop a MANFROTTO 190XDB tripod clamped to a MANFROTTO 486RC2 HEAD.

I hope this'll do the trick. Im new at this so it will take plenty of time to learn the equipment. I want to thank you all for the reviews. They are extremely helpful to me and all the other newbies. We appreciate it.

I'm sure you will be happy with that. Not that it is a bad choice, but why the 20D?

Because theres not enough of an upgrade to the 30D to justify the extra $$$, and the 40D is outside what Im willing to spend at this point.

congrats on the camera! Im sure youll be very happy with it!

May i ask the price of that kit if you dont mind? Ive been looking at the 20d for quite some time and am curious as to where you got yours and how much it was? Thanks!

No problem. I bought the 20D off Ebay from a seller I trusted for $600 body only. I bought the lense off Ebay as well from an authorized dealer, $360 I think. This seemed to be about what theyre running so I just chose the combo I wanted.

Most reactions

Back