ok, let me have it. C & C for this newbie please

Kjoy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This weren't taken under optimal conditions..trying to watch my Daughter (and somewhat willing "model") as well as my twins.. Not much room for mental focus.. anyway, Let me have it C & C!

Oct09337.jpg

Oct09328.jpg

Oct09324.jpg

Oct09316.jpg

Oct09438.jpg

Thanks
Kjoy

I like numbers 2 and 3; might have been better if she was smiling though. Was she upset or just squinting in the sun?

Everyone has to start somewhere, right?

1. Not really like this one. I like the moment you captured, but the framing is just off. I'm thinking a more landscape framing might help, as it would jive with the position of her body and also help in bringing down the amount of dead space / sky. The exposure is ok, but her face is a bit dark, need some fill light in there.

2. Much better job on the framing. I like the light on her face. Shame she is not looking at the camera. Not sure if you got the focus point on the eyes or somewhere else in the image. What where you focused on, how do you focus?

3. this is a killer shot, I really do like it. Lost in a pumpkin patch. I'd crop a bit on the upper right as there is a spot without pumpkin. Minor nitpick, but one none the less. Composition is a bit lacking with her positioning in the frame, although may of been hard to position her differently depending on the amount of pumpkins. But overall, this is a cute shot, good eye

5. too tightly cropped. Part of her hair is cut, you only see fingers on the other side...gives me a really closed in feel.

In all images, the light looks somewhat flat. Do you do any processing on the images? Levels adjusment and things like that? Might help improve the shot. Have a look at other photographers work to start to develop an eye for what works and what doesnt.

Keep on practicing!

Crop 3 to make it all pumpkins and it could be an awesome pattern composed shot with the girl as the subject.

I like 3 and 4! Its really hard to get good pictures of children. They are so quick and unless your really "trying" its hard to get great shots. Good job!

I haven't done any proccessing or cropping...I don't know how to do level adjustments..yet. Also, bigtwinky mentioned the light looked somewhat flat, how would I correct or adjust that? And on #5, I didn't "crop" the photo, should I have just backed off the zoom to show more of her hand/arm and head?

Thanks for the feedback ♥

Most reactions

Back