OK, lets try this again...

spiralout

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I think I did a better job with the "aging" on this one than the last. C&C appreciated. :) BTW, that's Joe down there. :wink:

Original:
DSC_6798orig.jpg

Edit:
DSC_6798small.jpg

I don't know if I think it looks aged....it doesn't look old to me. But it's a killer shot and bw conversion. Maybe just a hint of a sepia filter? More scratches?

Thanks guys. :D I actually did use a sepia filter, but I didn't want to overdo it, and I really wanted to add some dust/scratches, but I'm not up to the challenge to do it myself and I can't seem to find any actions/brushes that'll do it. The blown-out clouds are bugging the heck outta me, though. I'm working on it right now and MAN it's a tedious job converting the original shot and overlaying the clouds with the aged version. It's a good PS workout, though. ;)

I guess aging isn't what I'm really going for. I meant to give it more of a late 1800s/early 1900s style, like early Stieglitz, for example. A few scratches and imperfections would be nice, but I'm really going more for the style.

Another great conversion though...although the buildings are suffering from the leaning thing...can't ever remember what its called. What really makes me like this is good ole Joe over there with his new fancy telephoto :lol:

Hahaha, I think I'll start referring to distortion as "the leaning thing" from now on. :lol:

Here, I've FINALLY finished with the clouds. Tell me how it looks.

DSC_6798editsmall.jpg

Fantastic shot, and conversion. I'm particularly taken with the way the tower really jumps at you in the conversion. The increase in contrast between the roof and the sky in the black and white makes the top of it seem really distant and aloof and off limits, somehow.

eromallagadnama said:
Another great conversion though...although the buildings are suffering from the leaning thing...can't ever remember what its called. What really makes me like this is good ole Joe over there with his new fancy telephoto :lol:
Oh, no, that's Scott's fancy telephoto. This shot is from a while ago! *hijacked thread*

Most reactions

Back