Ok Nikon... Ok Adorama... where the heck is my D4?

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone else gotten theirs. They're obviously trickling out, and I pre-ordered mine within some minutes of Adorama posting that they were doing pre-orders... and yet... some three months later now I think... noooooooooooooooooooo D4.

It even seems like D800s are coming out faster (granted, I think there are higher production numbers planned), but come onnnnn... not even a PEEP ... no sense of when, no sense of why the delay ... just an occasional "Hey we still have your pre-order for that camera... yup. Still have it." :grumpy: :lmao:

I did see one report of a dude just walking into a Best Buy and purchasing one. Maybe I should start casing my local Best Buy.

Anyone else get theirs? What were your circumstances? Any tips or ideas? I'd really like to have my camera. :-( I literally waited and saved up for like 2-3 years for this stupid thing. :lol:

Methinks it has to do with all the water problems on the other side of the globe.

Don't worry I'm sure Nikon are just checking the light seals on it ;)

Still waiting on my also... B&H! Frustrating.....

Your D4 is still in about 37 different parts bins in Sendai...

...it has not yet been assembled...they can make only a few thousand per month...

On still being assembled... or because they have issues from the floods and whatnot... ok, sure... I get that. But IMO this is pretty poor customer service. Not everyone is going to drop that stupid amount of money on a piece of gear... particularly on a pre-order. It would be nice if they'd make some effort to keep us posted in some way. Heck, BMW sends you regular updates on the status of your ordered car. Maybe that's a little over the top, but SOME kind of communication would be useful here. (probably from Nikon through Adorama or the company you purchased your gear from)

By the time the pre-orders ship we will be 1/4 of the way to the release of the next body :lol:

By the time the pre-orders ship we will be 1/4 of the way to the release of the next body :lol:

I had the very same thought. Might be more than 1/4 actually... they're usualy, what, 18 months apart?

Maybe I should cancel and wait for the D4S...

I meant for the next BIG upgrade like a D5, but yeah it'll probably be half way until the next mid-upgrade before these ship.

I have been repeatedly reading that August looks like the soonest the next batch of D800's will ship out, so I wonder if the D4's are in the same boat...

Mines might be delayed until May to early June, thats what my local camera store said to me. Still hoping for the end of April tho.

.......SOME kind of communication would be useful here. (probably from Nikon through Adorama or the company you purchased your gear from)

We agree with you, 100%. Unfortunately, the probability is that the first we will know of a Nikon delivery is when one of the trailers is unloaded at the DC and the guys start to unpack them. I'm really sorry. Some companies simply communicate in different ways from others.....

I cancelled my order for the D4! Decided I would rather have the D800..... now have that on order in 7 different stores. First one to get me one.. I win! :) B&H told me they weren't even accepting orders for the D800 anymore.....

.......SOME kind of communication would be useful here. (probably from Nikon through Adorama or the company you purchased your gear from)

We agree with you, 100%. Unfortunately, the probability is that the first we will know of a Nikon delivery is when one of the trailers is unloaded at the DC and the guys start to unpack them. I'm really sorry. Some companies simply communicate in different ways from others.....

Helen, I normally do most of my ordering through Adorama.... are you still taking orders for the D800? Are you deeply backordered on that body?

no word from Nikon or their distributors on when bodies will be shipping as far as I know. My pre-order status is still pending as well. My theory is that they are correcting several issues before releasing the next batch.

Well, oddly, at least that makes me a feel a little better... in that you folks are as much in the dark as we are. Thanks for the response, Helen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back