OK please C&C

jerbol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first time. I just started a month or so ago. Anyway these shots were all taken outside with a D80, with the 50-200mm VR lens. Please C&C thanks a bunch,
Jerry

3537424213_2f84df27a0.jpg
3538237008_1f862ca08b.jpg
3537424001_0eb27471df.jpg
3537423905_cdd760a76f.jpg

Nice pics. I really like the 2 black and white ones.

What should I work on for next time do you all think.

The color is a wee bit too saturated for me, other then that, they look great.

Here are 2 more from same shoot.
3540998903_9492a42b93.jpg

3540998715_66d5744983.jpg

Yep, the D80 is an awesome camera, very underrated these days. With pro glass you can get amazing results.

What would you work on? Whatever you're going to work on, work on it with her, the camera loves her that's for sure. :thumbup:

Colors do seem a tad over-saturated, but then again everyone's monitor/screen will display differently so can't be sure if that's the way they actually are on yours.

Different poses shot like the first one in the second series. :thumbup:

i like the very top bw one quite a bit, i think its the most flattering of her, and the best composed . . . i always like a diagonal line leading to a subject.

im REALLY liking the comp of the first one...

these shots are great, and the model is definitely a keeper, she really seems comfortable in front of the camera, and you're getting great pictures of her.

well done!:thumbup:

These are really nice shots. My only gripe is her hair covering her eye in most of the first set of pictures. The second set that you posted don't have that issue (it's just MY issue, mind you). And also the black squiggly line in the very last photo in the background (over your model's left shoulder) is a tiny bit distracting...just a small detail. She is lovely and seems confident in front of your camera. Nice work!

I liked the first, I thought the second one was really cool. Love the lines of the branches, or whatever, with the thorns and everything... it's neat. Don't always agree with the treatments of the images (I strongly dislike vignetting), but overall very nice.

I don't like the second color shot and the way the light made the shadow with her nose- what kind of flash were you using?

Other than that the seem to be really well done. Composition is done well, overall good exposure, and maybe just a tad heavy on the saturation.

I don't like the second color shot and the way the light made the shadow with her nose- what kind of flash were you using?

Other than that the seem to be really well done. Composition is done well, overall good exposure, and maybe just a tad heavy on the saturation.

I wasn't using any flash on any of the shots actually. Just a disc reflector.
Thanks for all of the feedback, I will work on my saturation for sure.
I am getting my D200 and 50mm 1.8 this week so I will repost some new images for more C&C with better saturation I hope. Thanks again everyone.

I would like to see some shots with more of a pose rather than just face framing. Her expression can also be more...expressive - right now it's rather plain.

However, all in all right now, it's comfortable to look and is a great start since you're 1 month into it. Keep it up.

Most reactions

Back