Ok... Question.

J.Bat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jbatdesigns.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Right now I shoot with a Canon XT, thinking of upgrading to a 30D or 40D. Is it worth it? Will I tell a difference?

What do you shoot specifically? How much money do you have willing to spend? What is it that draws you to the xxD's? Is there anything that you're xti is limiting you too?

Well I like shooting, Portraits, and wedding/engagements, and every once in awhile some sporting events.

I have a buddy who shot XTi for a long time, then upgraded to 40D. He says it's like night and day. He swears by his 40D now, and doesn't even touch his XTi unless his 40D is down. He swears there is a noticeable increase in image quality, too.

In my opinion, unless there's something which you really hate about your body (e.g. shooting FPS, image clarity, image noise, etc), then it would be worth investing in a lens or two. Lenses really help image quality, and can be transferred between bodies.

Well, you would probably be able to shoot more frames in a shorter timespan (FPS), the images might be a little bit better because of a better sensor, it might or might not be weather-sealed, might have some extra features, it all depends on how much you upgrade. Good lenses basically increase image quality and give you a larger aperture (means more out of focus backgrounds & a faster shutter speed), possibly increase your focal length (or decrease it in a wide-angle). But they do their job VERY well if you spend enough cash.

Also, sorry for not replying sooner. I was just going through my old posts.

Most reactions

Back