OK, so I am an idiot. Help with LR...

Rob5589

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I was using Corel Paint Shop Pro but found it confusing and not very user friendly. So, I subscribed to Adobe's LR/PS Creative Cloud thinking that it would be easier to use. Come to find out, it is my own ineptness and not the programs. Big shock I know:confused:

So what I am looking for are some online tutorials that dumb it down, way downo_O Can anyone point me in their direction so I can actually use the subscription?

Thanks!

LR is difficult to learn the basics for many people
You have the Main Menu across the TOP
Then you have subsequent menus / property stuff across the bottom and sides.

For instance to import photos you have to be in Library (TOP)
then select IMPORT (bottom left)
And create Collections to put the photos into (Left).
Then you go into the Develop menu (Top, to start to edit stuff)

you're not alone ... but after you understand it's chaotic "flow" it becomes a lot easier.

Just search online, and youtube for beginner LightRoom

I learn easiest and best in a fairly structured curriculum-styled learning environment, where one first learns the most basic things, then learns the next things, then learns to combine the two to build up to the next level, and so on.

To me, learning a subject is like building a house. You have to start with the foundation, not the roof. You have to build it in a certain order, or it won't turn out right. And if you're just learning, you have to have an instructor that will teach you in that correct order.

What's worked for me over the years to learn lots of things like this is paid online classes from Lynda and Kelbyone. There are others, but those are the two I'm familiar with. I highly recommend them both. You can learn a lot in a short period of time, so the price is right, IMHO.

Thanks everybody.

Thanks Banana, that video was very helpful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back