ok so if i calibrate my monitor to adobe rgb and cs3 and my camera will it fix my....

ShaCow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shacow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok, im really worried about my images being so dark as ive sold my desktop, i dont have a printer.(well, i cant afford the £80 refil) so im left with my laptop...

i was wondering if i load adobe rgb 1998 into my laptop nvidia colour correction, then use this in cs3, and my camera (which i use in my camera anyway) ... will this sort out my dark shots and make its almost the same as everyone elses?

pease advise

I'm not sure.

To really calibrate a monitor properly, a hardware device like the Spyder or Hewy is required. It's tough with laptops (IMO) because the screen looks different depending on the angle at which you view it.

oh right.. ok...

ive just set my screen to use adobe rgb.. and loaded up an unedited raw and they look really under exposed.. but they look fine on my cameras lcd... they where shot in adobe rgb...

lol i know.. but i have no other option...i cant even afford a printer...

i remmeber seeing a canon printer in one of my mags for like £65... I can probly afford something like this.... what do you recommend?

Do you really need a printer these days? It's probably cheaper to send them to a lab (once you figure in paper and ink for the printer).

hmm, well ive never really looked at it before.. i think its more expensive here in the uk... but i could be wrong

ok heres the histogram for this image...

looks perfect on my laptop monitor....:confused:

Attachments

• $Untitled-1.jpg
    $Untitled-1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 79
  • $_MG_0109-01.jpg
    $_MG_0109-01.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 96
Sorry, I can't make much out of a heavily post-processed image because I don't know what you're going for.

How about a more standard image that looks great on your monitor.

thanks for the info mike, I guess im gonna have to get some hardware to do this because all I can go by is personal preference :S....

usayit.... do you know if the spyder works on a laptop lcd? and also... what does it calibrate it to? and would it calibrate to your printer profile to or?

thanks for the info mike, I guess im gonna have to get some hardware to do this because all I can go by is personal preference :S....

usayit.... do you know if the spyder works on a laptop lcd? and also... what does it calibrate it to? and would it calibrate to your printer profile to or?

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/color-management1.htm

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/talkshop/CM/Colour%20Management%20Intro.htm

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Calibration is not as easy as loading aRGB. It won't work because each of your devices sees and produces colour differently. You need to calibrate them so their output is consistent.[/FONT]

Your camera screen is the worst place to review images. Learn how to read your histogram and use that. I use the screen only for checking composition.

There's many useful resources gotten by searching on "colour management" in google......
[/FONT]

I use a dual screen display, with a CRT monitor as my main and a LCD monitor as my secondary.
Nothing I do will get the colour to match haha. The LCD just has deeper colours.
I trust my CRT alot more than my LCD.
As far as I'm aware, my CRT is calibrated correctly and the images from camera > monitior > printer match aswell as I can manage :)

Most reactions

Back