Ok, so now what do you do with them???

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So say now you have 100-200,000 unique and wonderful images representing your "art."

What do you do with them?

you wait it out until you die.... then sell the images for huge profits...

I certainly do not have 200,000 unique and wonderful images ....

But with those not so bad bloopers of mine I do:

- make calendars for friends and family and myself, usually customised to the taste of the respective person.

- presentations for people interested in it (slide projections, and recently also data projector presentations on 15 x 8 feet)

- sometimes spam TPF with images ;)

- on rare occasions my images end up as illustrations in magazines, on webpages of schools and charities.

Since I post on forums, sometimes my images are 'borrowed' against my will, I once found images by me of very young Japanese schoolgirls in uniform on a pervert's website, and I found images of the former WTC used by other webpages without my consent.

1) shown here and on other forums

2) good ones get set to my computer background

3) all end up in my screensaver (random selection images)

And that is sadly all at the moment, though I would very much like to be able to

a) print and frame - some on the wall for certain!

b) sell a few to pay for some more camera gear

That is mostly it - though I think stage b is going to have to wait till I am half good with the kit ;)

I print them or have them printed. They hang in my home and the home of friends and relatives. I show at local coffee shops, book stores, music stores, banks, etc... Some are donated to charity auctions. Occasionally I manage to sell a few. I've made a few books (not for sale, just for myself and family).

Back them all up o DVD -
Only to realize that by the time you finish the first DVDs you burnt are already unreadable.

Print them all out -
But then at around the 10,000 mark you realize your house isn't big enough to store them all (even stacked flat).

Post them all on ThePhotoForum -
But then the control freaks (U.S. Feds) invent "Internet 2" where no one can DL or view anything all because the images you uploaded jammed all the regular internet servers.

Back them up to the new 1.5 terabyte HDDs for storage -
But when you calculate the number of drives and costs involved you discover it would require 14 home mortgages and your entire 4-car garage to store them.

You're 21 and ambitious so you decide to process all of them by hand and make them perfect in order to become recognized as the photographer with the most and best -
But when you're 95, your life is over, and you're only 1/4 of the way finished you remember the words of a user named chiller on a long forgotten ancient site called The Photo Forum and kill yourself.

The number of pictures I've taken that I think are good now exceed the number of frames in my home and office. Having good ones sit in a drawer doesn't seem right. So far my only solution is to keep the good ones rotating through the available frames.

The number of pictures I've taken that I think are good now exceed the number of frames in my home and office. Having good ones sit in a drawer doesn't seem right. So far my only solution is to keep the good ones rotating through the available frames.
Can't you just buy more frames?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back