Jzero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ronunna.googlepages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!
As the title of this thread suggests, I am putting up a few disjointed, unrelated and totally ramdom samples of my photographic sojourns for public scrutiny. Any and all comments welcome.

J

1. Downed craft in Kebbi State - I took this picture moments after the plane crashed in a remote location In Northern Nigeria. The reason I happened to be there.... I was on the plane when it crashed. Shortly after I regained my composure I jumped out with camera in hand and took a few pictures for posterity.
CRASH1.jpg

2. New York - Times Square (or thereabouts)
HPIM0966.jpg

3. View from Central Park on a frosty day
HPIM0946.jpg

4. Winter coastline - The shore of The Mediterranean Sea.
HPIM0small.jpg

5. I have spent hours trying to get a perfect shot of the moon. Seems like a silly waste of time in retrospect, but here is just one sample out of my vast collection of futile photographic pursuits.
moon4.jpg

6. Lady at the crossroads - The lady in question happens to be my wife, who had her back to the camera because she was obviously focused on something else while I was focusing on her.... anyway, this was taken in the quaint little Alpine village of Brienzwiler in Switzerland.
f42c6d46.jpg

7. Sculpture - I honestly have no idea what this is, except of course, that I can confirm that it is indeed a sculpture carved of stone, but what it is, is completely beyond me.... anyone venture a guess? :wink:
HPIM0087.jpg

Thats it for this round.

After looking at #1, I didn't really notice the rest. You were in a plane crash? OMG. What happened? (asks the man who has the worst fear of flying).

pascal

Jzero said:
7. Sculpture - I honestly have no idea what this is, except of course, that I can confirm that it is indeed a sculpture carved of stone, but what it is, is completely beyond me.... anyone venture a guess? :wink:
HPIM0087.jpg

Thats it for this round.
Have you seen Clerks? Dante and Randal talk about a guy who died from breaking his neck trying to do what that sculpture looks like it's doing. That's what I think it is.

A brief description as it appeared in the Nigerian press a few days later...

CRASH9.jpg

That is a fairly accurate description of what happened. Ironically, we were on our way to make a proposal for, amongst other things... a new runway to replace the old dirt strip they had been using since colonial times.

The fallen aircraft was a huge attraction and people thronged around from all over the place to observe the proceedings. Here is a picture of myself being interviewed by the local press corps shortly after the event (This picture was taken by someone else)
kebi_press.jpg

CRASH2.jpg

CRASH5.jpg

BTW Pascal, I'm not wild about flying either :wink:

J

Wow, that's some story to tell on birthday parties! Good to see nobody was seriously injured. Great pic of you being interviewed!
Thanks for sharing.

pascal

Jzero said:
HPIM0087.jpg

Thats it for this round.

Easy one.. that is a transsexual with a huge member giving himself a blowjob ... hmm ,do you say himself or herself then? ;)

It is a strange sculpture indeed ... where the heck did you find that one?

Easy one.. that is a transsexual with a huge member giving himself a blowjob ... hmm ,do you say himself or herself then? ;-)

It is a strange sculpture indeed ... where the heck did you find that one?

I suppose you say "itself".

I found this and other sculptural oddities in a "sculpture garden" (for want of a better name) quite near my home, a sculpture-fellow who lives nearby spends hours carving these things out of granite rock.

J

HPIM0080.jpg

Hey J, that plane crash story is quite something else! Wow.
My husband did a lot of flying round the world from 1994-1998 and has his personal stories of near misses to share, but the only plane-crash he has ever been in himself was the glider colision where he was the pilot of one glider and got hit by another (who was later found to be flying under the influence) ... THAT is his "story for a birthday party" ...

He's also been to Nigeria twice and was NOT happy with flying there. But nothing untowards happened to him (other than being thrown into the nick for some 4 hours once ... - for no reason, mind!)

I also like the interview pic (though yes, I see why you could not have taken that one :greenpbl: )

The Switzerland photo looks quite over-sharpened to me ... but nice to be "meeting" your wife, too :D. You will, of course, bring her along to North Germany in May 2008, won't you? :wink:

I have been to Nigeria many times and I was not happy being there, let alone flying there, but.... I'm still in one piece :)

The interview was actualy quite amusing, if you look carefully you can see a slight smirk on my face. They were asking me to describe the events preceding the crash and I was saying something silly to the effect of "Well... one moment we were up there in the sky [pointing in an upwardly direction] and then suddenly we were down there in the ditch..."

I would love to see the film footage of that interview, I bet I'd get a laugh out of that!

As for the Swiss photo, I am not sure what "over-sharpened" means (sounds very technical to me) but it might have something to do with my tendency to 'Auto Correct' almost every picture I take on Microsoft Office Picture Manager, which is the most...er..."sophisticated" bit of software that I know how to use when dabbling with my pictures.

J

Most reactions

Back