OK

silentbob914

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i live in MA just south of boston and im thinking about photography classes any suggestions on where i should look or if i should even take the classes? also can i get some suggestions on a good begginers camera, something not too expensive, kthnx

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Silent Bob, and enjoy your time here - and possible later with your new camera and in your photo classes.

I will have to pass your questions on to those who live stateside since I would be of little help only if I told you what we have in Germany ... but there are members on here who know about classes ... soon as they'll be on they'll also be able to help. I am sure.

So far: happy browsing.
Make sure you also post a pic of your own, will you?

unfortunatelly I can't help you, I've never bben to US and I even don't know where MA is... (but I know where Boston is on the map :D yay! ) welcome here

:lol: I get to be the first US person to reply!! However, I live in PA and don't know what's near MA. I would think Google, the local paper or the local camera store would be good resources to start with asking. Also maybe if you'd call a college or community college nearby they'd be able to provide some info as well.

Welcome to the forum though and if you haven't noticed yet... I'd say less than maybe 50% of the visitors on here are from the States.

As far as a good beginner camera, I would suggest a nicely maintained Pentax ME Super or K1000. A lot of people suggest the Canon A1 I think it is also, but I'm a pentax guy. As far as a class, I would suggest playing around with a camera for a while and see what interests you have and if you care to develop it further. Also, I have learned many valuable things here and on other forums and online tutorials.

thnx johnboy that was what i was looking for and yeah im reading and learning alot on tpf :thumbup:

If you're itching for knowledge until you find out about a local class you could always run to the library and start checking out books. Some are fairly outdated but looking through them for a minute or two should be enough to gauge the quality.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back