Old and Tired

MrPants

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, y'all!

Another recent shot I just did some editing to. Check it out!
31A_0033.jpg

Hm. So, exactly, how this was shot ? A lot of grain, which looks like from pushing, but what about the colour of the room ?

Shot this on Ektar100 film, only edits were bumping blacks and contrast slightly, and reducing this purple haze that you can kinda see in the center. The room was dimly lit with a magenta-ish color.

Now at home, better monitor, better colours. Light looks way better. I like the atmosphere of this room.
Yet what I was taking for the grain is a digital noise. Where this came from ?

Hmmmm...

Possibly when the lab scanned it to the cd? I edited in Lightroom 3, but I thought it didn't change the original file.

While the color, shadows are nice, imo, the fatal flaw for this is that you've started the tables mid-leg for no obvious reason.
Think how much nicer this would have been if the entire legs and a bit of floor showed.

While the color, shadows are nice, imo, the fatal flaw for this is that you've started the tables mid-leg for no obvious reason.
Think how much nicer this would have been if the entire legs and a bit of floor showed.

Very true. I was in a doorway (the room was roped off) and only had my 50mm with me at the time, so was a little limited on space, but either way, I think I tried to get too much of the curtain.

I don't mind the crop, I only wish the curtains floated over something that fit the mood of the image better. What little I can see out the windows is distracting. Not that you could do anything about that. My mind wants Grapes of Wrath outside. My eyes see building next door.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back