Old Barn

Bo4key

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Haven't posted in awhile (haven't really been shooting) but had a short window today to go out and play a bit.

Can you make it to the other side? by Boaketography, on Flickr

I was trying to evoke the mysterious feeling of the dark inside of the barn.

How'd I do?

Here's part of an old tractor outside the barn that I thought would make for a nice conversion

Gears by Boaketography, on Flickr

I really like a well done B&W image and would love any tips to improve on my photos.

Barn shot doesn't work for me, although this sort of "straight-through" shot usually doesn't, so it could be a matter of taste. The second has some artifacts in the upper right, probably from trying to darken the bright areas. This sort of close-up of a dark subject is better without any bright areas (or anything that's not the subject), so re-shooting from a different angle or cropping to remove about 1/3 of the frame on the right are the best options I can see.

#1: if the corridor has some more light, one would feel the three dimensionality; presently the corridor looks compressed to a plane

#2: In this image the other side seen through the frontal wheel is a bit of distraction

Of course the images have their own quality

Regards :D

Thanks for the input. I guess the light lacking in the first one is another reason for me to get off my wallet and get some off camera flash triggers :)

This is just my opinion.

For #1, I would increased the exposure a bit to show a little more inside the barn. But I am not sure if this is because of my monitor either so.....

For #2, I just find that I don't have a focal point. I am not sure where I should be looking as the object. I would have focused on one of the wheels instead of getting two in the picture.

For #1, I would increased the exposure a bit to show a little more inside the barn. But I am not sure if this is because of my monitor either so.....

I really need to get my monitor calibrated. I looked at this at work and noticed it came up much darker and with less detail there than when I look at it at home on my laptop (i know it's not the best for editing)

Here's a re-edit with increased exposure

barn by Boaketography, on Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back