Old Barn...

Steve5D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is an old barn in North Carolina. I would've loved to have gone inside to do some shooting but, honest to God, the thing looked like it would collapse if I sneezed. Ergo, I remained outside. I figure I didn't make it to age 50 by taking stupid chances. The owner is going to raze the barn next week, and is removing nothing from it before doing so only because he, too, is afraid to go into it.

These aren't as "cooked" as I normally favor. That style just didn't seem to fit with these. My favorite is #2, although the owner bought a 20x30" print of #1.

Anyway, just goofin':

7876413470_5fb6a616ac_c.jpg

7876412976_3d21ff91bc_c.jpg

7876412766_1866be862e_c.jpg

9 outta 10 I'd say. I know you said you were messin around, but I still have to say that the grass is either cooked too much or maybe its just the color is off in my opinion, but it is distracting. In 3, there is too much grass and the powerlines take away from the "old" feeling.

Like I said 9 outta 10 though, which means pretty "barn" good. haha... :lol:

I think #2 is the best of the set and pretty damn good.

#1 is tooooo much
#3 isn't enough.
#2 is just right ;)

I really like the second one.
The first one the interior lighting makes it look like the door or flat or something funky on the door closest to us.
The third I really like, but the poles and wires distract.

Maybe if you stopped goofin and made an effort things would look better. What was in the barn? Looks pretty empty from this view.

eqys5d.jpg

Bynx-what did you adjust on that? I like your version very much. I am not an HDR fan and I have avoided it like the plague, but... Ya never know!

Maybe if you stopped goofin and made an effort things would look better. What was in the barn? Looks pretty empty from this view.

eqys5d.jpg

You guys are such good buddies! I love reading your banter. Kinda sad he's gonna burn it down. Around here there are people who would PAY HIM to be allowed to cart that old,weathered wood away!!!

HDR doesnt have to give you a headache or eye strain or look like a comic book. I adjusted the colors with Selective Color to take the magenta out of the clouds and the yellow out of the grass. Then bumped the black with Gamma Correction to make the image pop.

Maybe if you stopped goofin and made an effort things would look better.

Well, $100.00 for an 11x14" printed at Costco looks pretty damn good...

What was in the barn? Looks pretty empty from this view.

It was cluttered with all kinds of stuff, especially the upper portion of it; I didn't ask the owner. There wasn't a lot near the front of the barn (although I cloned out a bathroom sink that was standing in the grass). Whatever was in there, I didn't really feel the need to find out. I don't scare easy, but I had zero comfort factor about entering the barn...

It was cluttered with all kinds of stuff, especially the upper portion of it; I didn't ask the owner. There wasn't a lot near the front of the barn (although I cloned out a bathroom sink that was standing in the grass). Whatever was in there, I didn't really feel the need to find out. I don't scare easy, but I had zero comfort factor about entering the barn...

I can't say as I blame you for not wanting to go inside. Looks like a good strong wind would just about finish that thing off lol.

I like the first pic as is. Not to mention that at the end of the day if the client liked that one the best... well that's the opinion that counts.

I like the first two best out of the set - I think there's just a tad too much f/g in the third. But I like. I tend to prefer HDR that doesn't LOOK like HDR - just a slightly-more-than-usual-dynamic-range shot.

:thumbup:

eqys5d.jpg

You guys are such good buddies! I love reading your banter. Kinda sad he's gonna burn it down. Around here there are people who would PAY HIM to be allowed to cart that old,weathered wood away!!!
ME ME!! I'd love to have the barn wood!!!

Kinda sad he's gonna burn it down. Around here there are people who would PAY HIM to be allowed to cart that old,weathered wood away!!!

Who said anything about burning it down? He's razing it; tearing it down. I would imagine that someone will, at some point, haul the resulting pile of wood from the property...

I like how I can "see" into the barn without actually going in; I wouldn't want to do that...

The metal replacement roof is in relatively good condition and looks out of place with the rest of the subject.

The edit was done well with the grass. I learned early on to watch the yellows with the grass.

Most reactions

Back