Old Boots :)

Rhubarb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I had a spare bit of time this morning and I wanted to shot some stuff but what? I came up with my old boots.

I wasn't really happy with the backgrounds available to me, but Ithought I would give it crack with what I had. It was also shot withdaylight and an overcast sky, so I 'tried' to use the soft light to myadvantage.

I'm not really sure if this works or not, so you feedback and critique are very much appreciated (as always).

Cheers,
Rhu

P.S Be brutal!

PICT2122as.jpg

I really like it!.. The only criticism I would have is the blown out parts on the left boot, and I wish you'd included the side of the left boot too.. I wanna see it. Other than that I really like it.

I like the choice of subject and you've got great DOF for the background which works well. It seems a little on the grey side, perhaps a little more contrast would be helpful. I think it would be interesting to see the front of both boots, too.

I like everything ....its really good,except maybe I would change position of the shoes.But this is your pic, and its great :thumbup:

I like the tones, etc. only nit is the cropping - not only with the left book, but also with the loops on top - otherwise - I like it very much.

you have cool ideas :) hehe and the photo is nice, the first boot is extremely sharp!

Thanks all for your comments.

I went for that crop because it seemed a bit boring with everthing inframe. Maybe it didn't work as most want to see the rest of it!(Sometimes I like to think that is why it is working).

I pretty much bumped the contrast as much as I could get away with andthats why there is a bit of blow out on the back boot. The reason it isgrey could be because these boots are that old and faded (thats why thefronts are kind of white).

Thanks again,
Rhu

Most reactions

Back