Old City Hall and Metro United Church

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Both shots from late this afternoon in Toronto...I desperately wanted to take some nighttime/sunset shots, but I was out at dinner with friends and family, and that's a bit more important ;). I took about 60, 65 shots in total today, about 5 of which are worth a second look at, about 2 of which are worth posting here...neither are among my favourite, but they're not too bad for 'horrendous' afternoon lighting...or at least I don't think.

#1 - Toronto's Metropolitan United Church, at Church and Queen. Massive, beautiful building, and it's tricky to get it all into one shot, but I think I did an alright job...colours turned out alright, anyway. This is the kind of building I can take shots of every day for a year and never get a great one of.

metuc1jx.jpg

#2 - Toronto's Old City Hall, now plays host to courtrooms, Queen and Bay Streets

oldcityhall2do.jpg

Nice ones, GoM! I know your frustration of trying to fit the Metro Church into one shot. And I like the perspective you chose for the OCH shot (and the detail you got in the gargoyle and carvings).

Thanks to both of you. It certainly is quite fun acting like a tourist in your own city, wandering about the landmarks with your camera in hand, always lookign for the right angle, light, etc, and getting loads of odd looks..:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back