Old Covered Bridge

jomike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
$Bridge.jpg

Sachs Bridge in Gettysburg,Pa. This is my first try at shooting structures. There were a few people in the shot so I had to remove them in post.

I love this shot!!

The only thing I would have liked to see different, is if the photo was taken from a slightly different angle, with the entire photo still sharp, but more of the front of the bridge filling the frame (with a tad more of a view of the interior of the tunnel), with the rest of the bridge leading back into the photo. I think it may have given the photo more depth, what with the gray, drab sky and all.
But, even so, I still love this shot.
Great job at removing the people, no-one would know they were there in the first place. You could work for the mafia :).

Nice record shot, but I agree with TK. A couple steps to the right would have given you a better view of the front without losing the side. I visited several of these in my area, but they always seem to be secluded in vegetation or other unphotographic surroundings.

Here is another angle I think kinda what you were asking. I was not able to fill the entire shot as I wanted. This one is unedited I was lucky there was no people in this one. Thanks for the wonderful comments :)
$Bridge2.jpg

Out of the 2, the first shot is by far superior.
The second has cropping issues with the reflection and the bridge itself.

Keep #1 and give #2 a rim shot into the circular file.

You didn't say if you allow editing or not, so if you request, I'll remove this.
I was torn over the tree growing out of the bridge. Part of me likes it breaking up the rather flat sky, but on the other hand it's kind'a distracting perched on the roof of the bridge,

View attachment 40638

I too had thought about removing the tree. I sorta like the way it breaks up the sky plus you still have it in the reflection of the water.

Well, you still have the trunk on the bank and disappears behind the bridge. the only reflection to remove would be the small V all the way at the bottom of the frame. Just a thought.

Most reactions

Back