Old Dairy Farm Barn:Ideas?

Patrick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kylesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken from the highway, this barn is part of an old dairy farm that went out of business years ago. The land is now part of a childerns home. The Flag is replace when worn.

The damage to the barn was done partly from old age and a F5 tornato that went though the are a few years ago.

Need some ideas on how to make this "better".

1306743-63904e0858fe9b92.jpg

Maybe try cropping off some of the right hand side to help with the composition a bit? Looks like an intresting place to photograph.

Yes but...... the only access to the place is to pull over on the burm of a 4 lane highway. Going to do some research and try to find out who to talk to about getting on the property without getting arrested. LOL

I also tried getting a wider shot but the flag gets alittle lost.

arrested for taking pictures of a place that is falling apart?

You may want to try straightning it. it's crooked.

Yes, adjust the image 1% or so counter and I believe you'll have it. I like it a lot.

Bioviral said:
Brently said:

Remember there are children living there.

the children aren't inside the place! Another thing, if it doesn't have any trespassing signs... you don't have to worry about being arrested, you will most likely be just asked to leave.

I always ask permission to enter someone's property...just plain common courtesy. Besides, when I enter someone's property, I figure 'm representing those of us who take pictures and want to do whatever possible to protect our image (not meant as a pun).

Brently said:
Bioviral said:
Brently said:

the children aren't inside the place! Another thing, if it doesn't have any trespassing signs... you don't have to worry about being arrested, you will most likely be just asked to leave.

I dont know what its like everywhere else, but in Montana if you go onto someone elses property, they have the right to shoot you. Id just ask :shock:

Karalee said:
Brently said:
Bioviral said:
Brently said:

I dont know what its like everywhere else, but in Montana if you go onto someone elses property, they have the right to shoot you. Id just ask :shock:

Thats montana, probably true about north dakota too :lol:

I really like this shot. Only thing I would say is maybe a ~slight~ bump in the contrast. I really need to learn to colorize b/w photos!!!

Brently said:

I would guess by the big gates and guard in front of the childerns home complex that they probably don't want people jumping the fence.

Just a guess :D

and it's not exactly legal to park on the side of a highway....State Patrol office is off the next exit so I tried to make it quick.

But hey...at least I didn't try last summer with the whole highway sniper thing going on..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back