Old Forgotten Church.........

Tejaswrangler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While riding the back roads of South Texas, I found this old church on a little used "dead end" road near Kingsbury, Texas. After I took this picture, I sat on the tail gate of my pickup truck, drinking a cup of coffee from my thermos, wishing that the walls of the church could talk...who were the folks that once attended the church services, what were their lives like, what ever became of them?

I enjoy taking pictures of yesterday South Texas, find them interesting, and often find sadness in knowing that these sites will soon be no more. Tejaswrangler :)

kingsbury church 6-8-13 final.jpg

Nice shot. I love old buildings.

Annamaria, like you, I love old buildings and other structures like old barns and etc. Thanks for viewing my picture of the old church. Tejaswrangler :)

I enjoy taking pictures of yesterday South Texas, find them interesting, and often find sadness in knowing that these sites will soon be no more.
One technique that you may wish to try is to desaturate this photo to enhance the feeling of "old, deserted, and forgotten". Just a bit, anyway.

I enjoy taking pictures of yesterday South Texas, find them interesting, and often find sadness in knowing that these sites will soon be no more.
One technique that you may wish to try is to desaturate this photo to enhance the feeling of "old, deserted, and forgotten". Just a bit, anyway.

Budget cruncher, thanks for the suggestion...I am fixing to edited a picture of an old barn and will give your suggestion a try and see how it looks. Tejaswrangler :)

Nicely done. Remember, posted property had owners. Owners have keys... couple of 'phone calls and you're in.

Hello tirediron, There was a house at the end of the road, and the folks gave me a name and telephone number of a man in Houston that they thought might be the owner. I called the man and he did not know anything about the property, he was not the owner.

I was disappointed because I would have loved to have seen the inside of the old church, as well as take pictures from the back of the church.

Thanks for viewing the picture. Tejaswrangler :)

Nicely done. Remember, posted property had owners. Owners have keys... couple of 'phone calls and you're in.

Hello tirediron, There was a house at the end of the road, and the folks gave me a name and telephone number of a man in Houston that they thought might be the owner. I called the man and he did not know anything about the property, he was not the owner.

I was disappointed because I would have loved to have seen the inside of the old church, as well as take pictures from the back of the church.

Check the counties website, they will normally have records of ownership and who's been paying the property taxes

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Check the counties website, they will normally have records of ownership and who's been paying the property taxes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back