Old Fujinon lens info?

Whitey1981

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not too familiar with vintage camera equipment so I decided to come here and ask the pros.
I came into possession of an old Fujinon 50mm f1.2. It seems to be the Nikon mount version. I can't find much info about it online, other than it could be very rare. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this particular kind of lens? How old? How rare? Value? Etc..
Thanks in advance

In Nikon F mount? Does a Nikon f-mount rear lens cap fit on the lens perfectly? Maybe it was converted by a camera repairman at some point in the past 3 decades.

I'll have to look at it more closely tomorrow. The lens fits in a Nikon s3 with no adapters. Is that considered s-mount?
Sorry, I'm still learning about this old camera stuff.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Petrochemist.
I did see that article. That's what kind of piqued my interest about the lens I have. I'll post some pics of the actual lens I have to see what you think.

Attachments

• 20200227_070627.jpg
    20200227_070627.jpg
    670.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 20200227_070802.jpg
    20200227_070802.jpg
    686.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 20200227_070924.jpg
    20200227_070924.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 20200227_071029.jpg
    20200227_071029.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 137
Wow! That lens is worth some money. How much is probably under estimated as none have come up as sold on ebay. My initial thought is $10,000 but this is a total guess. Its probably more. I would send a polite email to JCH, he would probably be well versed to its value.
Japan Camera Hunter - Japanese cameras, sales and geekery

I appreciate the info and link, jcdeboever! I wasnt able to find much info on the lens online either.
I'll try to contact JCH and see what he has to say.
Thanks again

Nice find. The pictures show how cool the lens is. And you have the box. Wow. I think noted rangefinder authority Stephen Gandy might be a good one to contact at www.cameraquest.com.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the info Derrel. It's actually only one side of the box. The person who had it must have cut it out. Althoug it did come with a hard leather case, which is nice. I will reach out to Mr. Gandy.
Thank you!

... and Mr Gandy will reach out to you, I'm sure.

If you want to sell this lens I think a dedicated Contax or Nikon user, or a wealthy collector would be the most-likely buyer.cameraquest.com attracts likely buyers.

Thank you. I agree. I did reach out to Mr Gandy from cameraquest. Just waiting for a reply. Also waiting on a reply from Japan camera hunter.
I'm still deciding on what I'll do with it, if, in fact, it's really worth something.

Most reactions

Back