Old house lots of texture

35mm4me

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.onelightimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There was so much to shoot here; I found this shot to be drawing me to take it. Oh and yes the house is haunted…The hair stood up on my arms when I walked on the property…

Thanks for looking
Gerry

Don't have a photobucket account, so not sure how to save the pic and show you what I mean, so I'll try to type it.

Crop to verticle, removing the left side of the shot. The cropped upper window bugs me.

Then adjust your levels so get more white. Feels just a little flat to me.

Don't have a photobucket account, so not sure how to save the pic and show you what I mean, so I'll try to type it.

Crop to verticle, removing the left side of the shot. The cropped upper window bugs me.

Thanks, when I adjusted for more white the door was over whelming and the stucco to the right lost its texture. Any suggestions on how to overcome that?

You mean like this:

A crop and playing with the curves.

Yeah, that's pretty close. I might do a little more local adjustment with an adjustment layer and mask, but that's pretty close. I like that the two sides almost appear to be an inverse of the other.

I see what you mean about the crop kind of cool.. But does the door and stucco look over exposed, and some of the roof shadows disappear when the white is increased?

Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back