Old lady near butcher shop

Fresh meat and old lady reminds me of the joke about the old lady who went to the butcher to buy some chop meat.

"I want to buy a pound of chop meat? How much is it" she asked the butcher.

"Well," said the butcher, "it's $4 a pound but we don;t have any left right now."

So the old lady leaves the shop walks down the street to a second butcher shop.

"Do you have a pound of chop meat and how much is it?" She asks the second butcher.

"Oh," said butcher #2. "We have plenty of chop meat and it's $5 a pound."

The old lady grimaced, "$5 a pound? The other butcher only wanted $4 a pound."

"Well," said the second butcher. "When we're out of chop meat we only charge $3 a pound!"

The photo has an immediate effect on you. And the framing is perfect. I think the photo is dark as well but if it were lighter, you would be paying too much attention to the other people and not the lady herself. I really like this one.
Thanks for your comment, scooter2044!

I just noticed the little "handicapped" sign in front of the old lady, an explanatory touch.

Women and butcher shops: a foreigner friend moved to a village in Colombia where he lived with a local woman. He told me you just can not get good meat in this village. Later a villager told me no when he gave her the money to buy meat she would buy the worst, cheapest cut and pocket the rest of the money.

Wow. I love everything about it. Amazing amazing shot!

Thanks for your comments, guys!

It seems to be one of my most popular photo. Maybe it has some chances for "TPF Photo of the Month" in december?
I was nominated three times, but never won :)

Most reactions

Back