Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which one you like most and why?
(both are edited)

1)
old2.jpg

2)
old1.jpg

I like number 2. I like the color, but more than that, the subject's piercing stare really grabs the viewers' attention. It's not necessary to obscure the background as much. I prefer the sharper background.

Actually, what I'd really like to see is a fairly straight print with the contrast upped just a bit.

This is a fantastic portrait. Nice composition and lots of character in the subject.

Hi Moni,

I love the composition, but i not 100% sure about the blur effect... could we see the original shot on this? When I look at this, my eyes naturally draw me to his arms which are blurred out.

I think I might have used the blur effect differently: I would have kept the man super sharp as well as the path behind him and folks walking into the scene.. i think those people are part of the 'story' here. Then I would have blurred the rest of the picture.

I know you are wanting us to chose the the colouration, but i just thought i'd point that out. I like either colouration... how did you accheive this effect?

The rest of the photo is absolutely marvelous Moni. I look forward to every pic you post here! You have a way of bringing humanity alive with your shots!!

I agree with Vonnagy that my eyes want to see the arms. I like the blur in the rest of the picture on 2. Just enough to make it less distracting but yet not to much that it starts to be it's own distraction. I like the idea of the shot all together. The color one is most interesting. I think the brown says something about the subject in a way.

Over all... I like the picture. That gaze... really brings out sympathy from the viewer. Very well done.

I've never cared for bluring using Photoshop unless a lot of time is spent with the magic wand tool and it's done in steps, getting more blury the further back you go. It's easier and more pleasing to my eye to just use a wide aperture. I do like the idea of bluring out the background, as I think it distracts from the subject, just not with a coarse blur or a fade. An aperture of 3.5 would have worked nice, I think. I do like having the other people in the image, but they don't need to be sharp for it to work for me.

I also would like to see it in a more natural state, just to know what you are starting from. The tone in the second one is interesting, but I think a little too far. Perhaps something in between?

I think you've captured a nice moment. Good job!

It's a very powerful image Moni, but no blur. And then the fade on the second one is distracting. I actually prefer #1. Not sure what you were trying to achieve with the blur, but it would be much better without. Just my $.02

I agree with what others have said. I like #1 better because the background is less distracting, but the blur is uneven, as some stuff that should be in the DOF (subject's arms) is not. Makes it too obvious that it's photoshopped. But man, what a great image!!

Most reactions

Back