Old Memories Restored

fmw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.foodieforums.com
I've been having some fun with my slide copier and I thought I would show you a couple of restored images. These slides were made in Korea in 1968 with a Pentax Spotmatic camera and a terrible Sun zoom lens. Zoom lenses weren't very good in those days. The slides were terribly faded and had some bad color shifts. I don't think E6 processing was all that good in Korea in those days. It was well before the country's economic boom.

However that can be fixed with modern software like Photoshop. I was surprised that most of the images turned out to be acceptable, even in modern terms. Hope you like the vintage images.
oldman.jpg

koreanchildren.jpg

Thanks for the trip with the DeLorean!

Like both but the first one is my favorite. Loved my Spotmatics.

Nice work on getting back that E6.

Thanks. The best images I have are glass mounted and I can't get them into the copier. Next time I'm in town I'll pick up some plastic mounts and redo them.

Like both but the first one is my favorite. Loved my Spotmatics.

That Spotmatic was a rugged and reliable camera. There were all kinds of lenses available for that standard screw mount and the prime lenses were great. Sadly it, and my lenses were stolen from a hotel room in 1971. I've had a soft spot in my heart for Pentax cameras ever since even though I switched to Nikon.

awesomeness

Thanks, although I think it was E4 back in those days. My bad.

Yes, E4 would have been the process back in the '60's. I just remember a fling with doing some E6 developing at home in the 80's. Too bad about having that Spotmatic stolen.

Thanks, although I think it was E4 back in those days. My bad.

Yes, E4 would have been the process back in the '60's. I just remember a fling with doing some E6 developing at home in the 80's. Too bad about having that Spotmatic stolen.

I did my own E6 for 20 years and I have to tell you the slides I developed have maintained their color and saturation better than those that were commercially developed. I think I did the wash cycles better and didn't let my chemicals over-age. I was furious about the theft but it is water under the bridge.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back