old minolta

timzim58

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
a freind gave me this old film camera it's a minota srTmc-IIany body know about this camera how old it is and info would be great

a freind gave me this old film camera it's a minota srTmc-IIany body know about this camera how old it is and info would be great

The following is an excerpt from a Minolta dedicated website:

"Following on from the earlier arrangements with Sears and K-Mart, in 1977 Minolta entered into supply agreements for the sale of an updated camera. New versions of the SC and MC were produced, called (not too originally) the SC-II and MC-II.

The SR-T SC-II and SR-T MC-II can best be described as slight downgrades from a SR-T 201. The MC-II was lacking only the shutter speed display in the viewfinder. The SC-II had the shutter speed display, but was without the self timer and the the memo holder on the back door. Both began with the microprism only focusing screen and CLC metering, but later in the model run changed to a split image surrounded by the microprism collar, getting the non-CLC metering at the same time.

The SR-T SC-II was sold exclusively by Sears stores in the USA, while the MC-II was sold by K-Mart and J.C. Penney in the USA and K-Mart and Hertie's in Europe."

Your camera was made sometime between 1977 and 1980. Let me know if you need a manual for it.

if you have a manual what would be the cost

The cost? A few minutes of your time, necessary to download them. ;)

There are plenty of resources for older film cameras and this one is just an example:

http://www.geocities.com/eskoufos/fmm.html

Download the SRT 201 and you should be in fine shape. Your camera is a 201. :)

Good luck and let me know if you have other questions.

thank you very much, can't wait to run to wally world to buy some film

thank you very much, can't wait to run to wally world to buy some film

Sounds good! Let us see the pics.

Meanwhile don't forget to check for the battery of the camera, you could need a new one.

Most reactions

Back