kiwiluke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C & C welcomed and desired
Luke

Old-Pier.jpg

The foam looks a washed out. Excellent in all else. I really like the way the pilings' reflections end in the wet sand.

Brilliant shot. The colours are lovely, the reflections are excellent. Just an overall excellent capture.

everything is very nice, colors, crispness only thing I noticed as well is the foam, this would be a very nice spot for the 20 minutes after the sun has gone down with a tripod.....the sky turns blue and purple, and green for like one minute,.... try to catch it...

Unfortunately I won't be able to shoot it again, at least not for a while, as i took it while home in New Zealand for a holiday, now i am back in Malta where i currently live. I have no idea when it was in use, i just stumbled onto it while out walking, thanks for all the feedback
Luke

I like the photo but very crisp although I would like to see a bit diffeerent composition ad the posts are dead in the center. did you get any other shots of this? Overall though its a very nice`shot, love the reflections. maybe a different crop would do the trick. Heres my try, not sure if the crop works or not on second thought the symetry in the photo may actually improve it. Anyway though I increased the contrast on the reflection through using a layer mask and cropped in to a wider shot.
Old-Pier1.jpg

interesting crop D-50, changes the whole photo quite dramatically, (to me at least), i did like having some sky as it gave it more of a remote abandoned feel as you could see it was surrounded by nothing, while yours focuses alot more on the reflection, not sure which i prefer now, nice job
Luke

I definatly see what your saying and think the original looks good as it is. I tend to crop everything into a wider format, I think I need to get away from that though, I cant remember the last time I printed a final image in a 1:1.5 ratio. I love the shot I think it would be interesting in B&W or sepia as well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back