Old Port of Montreal at Dusk

deudeu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I work in the old Montreal and i went out yesterday after work to take a few touristy shots.

It's amazing how you can going out right around sunset makes it so easy to get good shots.

SG103625.jpg

SG103627.jpg

SG103646.jpg

SG103649.jpg

SG103651.jpg

SG103655.jpg

SG103656.jpg

My personal favorites are 4 and 6.

I hope you like them, but if you don't let me know what i could do to improve.

Thank you.

i love old montreal. you ever eat at a little mexican place down there? i don't remember the name, but it had some of the best fish i've ever had. i think it's just one street behind #4 and down the way a bit.

I know a couple of mexican places around there... I haven't tried their fish though. I will have to take a look.

any comments about the photos?

Wow great shots.....I love the night shots....its very beautiful.

Did you use a tripod? what was your settings?

The night shots are the real standouts for me. I like them all, but especially #5, where the illuminated steeples and stained glass stand out and the cobblestone street adds interesting 'texture'.

Wow great shots.....I love the night shots....its very beautiful.

Did you use a tripod? what was your settings?

I used a tripod with the kit lens on my GX-10.
Exposure somewhere between 10 and 20 sec, f8 to f11, ISO 100.
I think what really helped is just the fact that it wasn't quite night yet.

I miss montréal. I am from there, but I work in Vancouver now. Montréal is such a nicer city. :(

those pictures make me feel nostalgic!

#1 reminds me of Duluth where theres public areas that blend with industrial areas. #3 or #4 are my favorite. The blue dome against that sky work well.

I miss montréal. I am from there, but I work in Vancouver now. Montréal is such a nicer city. :(

those pictures make me feel nostalgic!

My girlfriend is from Vancouver and moved here. She is pretty happy about the price of real estate but she "misses the ocean".

There is just no place like home!

Thank you all for your comments!

My girlfriend is from Vancouver and moved here. She is pretty happy about the price of real estate but she "misses the ocean".

There is just no place like home!

Thank you all for your comments!

real estate is a joke here in Vancouver. I'll be moving back there one day, but for now I am traveling the world. hehe

awesome pictures of course. I want more :)

Most reactions

Back