old port (part 2!!)

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, well here's the second part of my amazing walk at the old port. I sor of made a compromise here: 2 sepias, 2 B&W's and since not everyone is a fan of these, one in color. Tell me what you think of them:

1. Silos...
Silos2.jpg

2. A part of the docks
Port2.jpg

Rails.jpg

4. For some reason i don't know, I don't really like this one, but it looks good in sepia...
Ecluses.jpg

Urbanism.jpg

ServerKill said:
i love sepia. and your photos look nice in sepia.. but they seem a little too orange? or is that my monitor?

:mrgreen: Thanks!!!
Actually, it might be a bit too orange cause the sun was just so amazingly bright and it was reflecting everywhere. I actually had to put my hand over the camera for some shots...:confused:

The one of the locks had me think immediately: "Oh, railing cropped". Sorry!

And I like the additional one best of the series, for the rust is really cool, closely followed by the first with the patterns of "mended" silos --- don't know how to express myself properly this morning...

As I mentioned already in one of my previous reply posts to your pictures, I have for once set my little camera to sepia mode and took "an Alexandra-photo" (;)), but I find the inbuilt sepia too strong. Too orange. Not that I didn't like sepia tinted pictures at all, it's not that, but I find the inbuilt camera-effect (of my camera) too strong.

hmmm... makes me wonder... actually i think i've never seen 'real' sepia, so i can't compare... hmm, i've gotta see some. Actually the reason why i like it so much, is that one day, I was reading through Nationl Geographic's "100 best vintage photos" and they were almost all sepia and i loved it a lot. Guess it left a print on me.
Yeah, i've gotta see some real sepia some day... ;-)

Most reactions

Back