Old ring flash on a modern dSLR

tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally i got my camera back after over a month being fixed in the shop, still with focusing problems and strangly it also had mites crawling across the viewfinder when it got here. So it was time to experiment. Just after it went in i got a Minolta Auto macro ring flash and the 80 PX controller (for the old x series cameras i think) for 46GBP on ebay. So these shots were taken using the konica minolta 5d and a home made hot shoe adaptor.
It would not work on my Minolta 8000i, the exposure settings just blinked, does any one know if they can work with the 8000i cameras?
On the 5d it works with manual only, exposure at about 15cm is f25. It gives the same exposure when using one tube as it does with 4.

click_beetle_01.jpg

click_beetle_02.jpg

cranefly_01.jpg

ladybird_09.jpg

Natural light the same day still looks better to me :) as with this fly
fly12.jpg

thanks for looking

tim

Thanks mysteryscribe. It only works on full power, but you can still get the individual tubes to fire independently. I also tryed to get it to work on an 8000i but no luck. If anyone knows if this flash should be able to work on the maxuum range of cameras it would be very interesting to hear.

tim

#4 reminds me I need to get some bugs for my spanish broom.

Glad you got your camera back.

Most reactions

Back